• The KillerFrogs

Fall Camp 8-2-22

CountryFrog

I’m confused. Are you arguing that he is average? #4 in the Big 12 is the definition of average Big 12 QB.
There have been years where the #4 QB in the Big 12 was a top 10 national QB so that wouldn't be average. That obviously wasn't the case last year. Just saying that I don't think being #4 in the conference means anything at all on its own.

asleep003

especially when you consider max was 6th in qbr in the big 12 last year
That # 6 is referring to Max's # of total passing yards only(10 games) ... Calb Williams was #8.?. Max had the 2nd highest RTG(passer rating) behind Caleb Williams... but ahead of Brock Purdy and Gerry Bohanon too. I just don't get the Max haters....

82 Frog Fever

passing only... which is in the top half with

12 football team.?.
Ahhh yes, I forgot there was 12.

Max is a great team player. I also think he’s a pretty good QB.
The problem is stats say otherwise. He was 50th last year in QBR, which was bad enough, but he was also ranked 70th in TD passes (16 TD passes) That’s near terrible.
Outside of a bad defense, scoring was our biggest problem last year.

Eight

Yes, there are 2 ESPN 2021 QB Charts for some reason ... so pick your chart! But on your chart, Max is still # 4 On the RAW ranking... which I'll take any day(if no Chandler around). My point is, he wasn't just an average QB and real fans should stop the over negative verbiage on Max.

you mean "my" chart which is labled TOTAL QBR - 2021 SEASON?

asleep003

you mean "my" chart which is labled TOTAL QBR - 2021 SEASON?
Yes... but not the 2021 season ESPN Big12 QB Passer Rating stat chart.

I'm going to leave you to continue to argue with yourself, that Max is just an average Big 12 QB.

Last edited: