• The KillerFrogs

Faith in Donati?

FWTFrog

How much faith does everyone have in conducting a thorough head coach search? Based on how he has done everything else, I have very little faith in his ability. He was a hire that was handpicked by his predecessor that moved to a rival school. With other coaching moves that he has made:

- Dixon, botched letting him go which led to a head coach that didn't want to be here
- The mess with not hiring Sarrloos immediately once Schloss left
- Not fulfilling promises to Schloss for a renovated Lupton Stadium.

Let's not forget that CDC poached many people in the athletic department and rather than finding talented replacements we just did internal promotions across the board. The athletic department is worse off than when the golden boy was promoted to AD and he has to be held accountable for this. GP is the main issue right now but I have zero confidence in our athletic director and quite frankly our Board of Trustees.

Wexahu

How much faith does everyone have in conducting a thorough head coach search? Based on how he has done everything else, I have very little faith in his ability. He was a hire that was handpicked by his predecessor that moved to a rival school. With other coaching moves that he has made:

- Dixon, botched letting him go which led to a head coach that didn't want to be here
- The mess with not hiring Sarrloos immediately once Schloss left
- Not fulfilling promises to Schloss for a renovated Lupton Stadium.

Let's not forget that CDC poached many people in the athletic department and rather than finding talented replacements we just did internal promotions across the board. The athletic department is worse off than when the golden boy was promoted to AD and he has to be held accountable for this. GP is the main issue right now but I have zero confidence in our athletic director and quite frankly our Board of Trustees.
His next move that proves he’s anything more than a empty suit will be his first.

Maybe he’s doing a lot of work and planning behind the scenes for a change in football coaches, but I doubt it.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
ADJD is juggling a few running chainsaws right now.

No AD is without a little rolodex of "go to" candidates for various positions. I would be comfortable saying that he has been on the phone feeling out the agents of several Head Coaching candidates. That's Order of Business #1: Have a New Guy all wrapped up with a pretty bow before you begin hardball with the current guy. Order of Business #2: Get the Alumni Bigfeet lined up behind your course of action. That last thing you want is a split in the Donor Corps that will poison the well either way (See: UT). If you can get those things done, it's on to Order of Business #3: Deal with the Current Guy.

We have had it so very good for so very long. Few remember the 2-wins-or-less years now. There's a Bowl Game every year, a couple of good wins, and some realclose games we could have won, but there hasn't been the constant current of discontent that roils and poisons the waters like it has at so many other Programs. It's been fairly smooth sailing up to now. But, all good things come to an end, and the storm clouds of failure and discontent are roiling in our path. And, all this with ESPN and Re-Alignment coming down on us any minute. Good times...

I don't think finding a candidate will be terribly difficult. This is a plum job from a Coach's standpoint. The monstrous problem will be showing a guy who has given you 21 of the best sports years of your lives the door. That isn't a thing to be done lightly.

HFrog12

Very fair by the OP. Agree with most everything except the Saarloos deal. We owed it to our baseball program to get the best possible coach for TCU. We did due diligence and ultimately I think got the right guy. Time will tell. I hope football takes a similar approach and doesn’t make a lazy internal hire or get Fuente for the familiar ness. Needs to be something splashy and right for the program. TCU clearly shows they can pay.

Moose Stuff

Very fair by the OP. Agree with most everything except the Saarloos deal. We owed it to our baseball program to get the best possible coach for TCU. We did due diligence and ultimately I think got the right guy. Time will tell. I hope football takes a similar approach and doesn’t make a lazy internal hire or get Fuente for the familiar ness. Needs to be something splashy and right for the program. TCU clearly shows they can pay.
I agree. Unless Kirk had a standing promise that he was the guy when Jim left then hiring him without inquiring on a few others would have been a disservice to the program.

Ray Finkle

I have a friend with all the credentials and then some but he got passed over for an internal hire. He is really close with Saarloos and would've been a great asset to our baseball program. Loyalty is going to bite us in the ass.

Frogs1983

Prediction- Sarloss will turn the hitters loose on counts such as 2-0 where you generally get a meaty fastball. Look at who our pro players are- pitchers!! Courtesy of our new Head Coach!!
He will do well.

Prediction- Sarloss will turn the hitters loose on counts such as 2-0 where you generally get a meaty fastball. Look at who our pro players are- pitchers!! Courtesy of our new Head Coach!!
He will do well
Maybe the players will remember what a sacrifice bunt looks like now.