1. The KillerFrogs

Failed Trump Coup

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by Froglaw, Jan 7, 2021.

1. What would make for "cleaner" elections is to get rid of mail-in ballots (and other methods that invite fraud, etc.) as much as possible and get back to the concept of, if you want to vote, get your ass to a voting precinct and vote.

There will always be exceptions for the very, very unfortunate few who are simply incapacitated to such a degree they can't vote in person, but it is a very. very small number. If someone can leave the house to go see family, go to a store, or go get pushed around in a wheelchair around a park, they can get to a voting booth. Period. The key is them actually wanting to vote.

2. I used to think like this but voted by mail for the first time and I have to say it was very convenient. No hassle waiting in line/ leaving work or having to worry about travel. Best part was I could look at and study some of the down ballot races and initiatives. For whatever reason always found myself unprepared for those when voting in person. I like the open book test better.

geezer likes this.
  3. GMAFB.

If it's that important for people, they should take the time to do the research beforehand anyway, it's all readily available if in fact they are interested in it, which I bet less than 5% of people are, maybe way less. And leaving work shouldn't be an issue, nor should "worrying about travel", whatever the heck that means.

4. All I am saying is that it was the first time I have not voted in person and I liked it for those reasons. If I was forced to vote in person I would, But if I'm given the choice, I like mail in better. Just my opinion.

5. That is quite a jump in logic.

6. It's a lot easier to fill out someone else's ballot by mail as well.

7. How many ballots did you mail in?

8. https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/19/politics/mitch-mcconnell-rioters-provoked/index.html

Mitch McConnell: Capitol Hill mob was 'provoked' by Trump

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday directly blamed President Donald Trump for the deadly mob that attacked the Capitol, as the Senate prepares for an impeachment trial on whether to convict the President for "incitement of insurrection" and potentially disqualify him from holding office in the future.

The typically tight-lipped Senate Republican leader rarely broke from Trump in his four years as president. But he led the Senate's certification of the presidential election that the rioters pledged to overturn, and has strongly condemned the violence at the Capitol he has served in as a senator for 36 years.
    "The mob was fed lies," McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, said on the Senate floor. "They were provoked by the President and other powerful people."

Sweat Equity likes this.
  9. Our politicians control a nuclear arsenal that could completely destroy all life on Earth so a fair and legal election process is incredibly important. IMO, the only way to ensure that all legal votes are cast and counted accurately are by voting in person with photo ID on paper ballots. I don’t trust mass mail in voting to be fair or accurate, especially when they don’t even match signatures

10. I do not think anything you seek is unreasonable (outside of the signature thing...if you were to look at the signature on my DL and ask me to replicate it, it would be a hell of an ask).

HFrog1999 likes this.

11. [​IMG]

Salfrog and Sweat Equity like this.
  12. One.

13. Another thing they need to do is come up with a system where all the votes are in by a certain time and all of them are counted shortly thereafter, like within an hour or two. With all the technology we have, they could make that happen. I know it's a State by State deal because each State governs it's own elections, but these middle of the night "vote dumps" and inconsistent counting methods and speeds are no bueno for the country.

I still maintain if the roles were reversed and this election played out like it did, the D's (with the complicit media) would be going so apeshit it would have made the last couple of months look like a picnic. I'm 100% convinced of that.

14. I've still yet to see a single report of like 10,000 ballots, 100% for Trump being added to a count. I'm sure there's a reason why there were many huge ballot dumps 100% for Biden, but it's a really frustrating deal for virtually anyone who doesn't understand the process (which is like 99.999% of population). Transparency is so important, and this last election was terribly confusing. I still don't know who won Arizona or Nevada

Salfrog and Showtime Joe 2.0 like this.
  15. Has anyone else here voted absentee or mail in?

16. [​IMG]

17. I’ve always voted in person, usually early. I had to stand in line for an hour and a half this year.

Salfrog likes this.
  18. I voted absentee when I was in the Army.

Salfrog and HFrog1999 like this.
  19. One of my partners (major conservative, FWIW) for years has told me I should vote absentee. Easier, more convenient, etc he said. I said that I liked the feeling I got of going to the polling place and doing my civic duty. This year I voted absentee and I will do it again next time as well if allowed. I prefer it now. I will say if it isn't allowed, it shouldn't be allowed for anyone. Shouldn't be allowed for some but not others.

20. Seriously?

do you not understand the ramifications of a country where 65% take more than they create?