• The KillerFrogs

Exciting future scheduling news!

froginmn

Anyone who doesn’t think GP, and GP alone, is in charge of scheduling is wrong. I see where he’s coming from but I still don’t like it. The last P5 team we hosted at ACS was in 2016. It kinda sucks.
The last P5 team we hosted at ACS was Western Virginia.

I don't understand the complaining about P5 non conference opponents. We have played one every year, some home, some road, some neutral. This is no different from the majority of P5 schools, except that many don't play any P5 opponents non conference.

This would be a problem if we were still G5, but we're not.

Pharm Frog

You don't buy season tickets, do you?

After getting a lesson on “face value” of season ticket club seats in another thread, I am beginning to see more validity in the scheduling complaints. But I think it still boils down to what the program aspires to be. Some fans still think it’s year-in year-out goal is to win the national championship. I just don’t think that’s the core objective.

Armadillo

tcudoc wins the s&wffforum AND the interweb today. Well done sir.

8337c07b356c6c764e25ddc8e3d69fbd.gif

roybuller-o.gif

GenXFrog

After getting a lesson on “face value” of season ticket club seats in another thread, I am beginning to see more validity in the scheduling complaints. But I think it still boils down to what the program aspires to be. Some fans still think it’s year-in year-out goal is to win the national championship. I just don’t think that’s the core objective.

I'd love for us to win a national championship.

Short of that, I'd rather pay to see us play a great competitive game, no matter the outcome, than these bayloresque body bag games for bowl eligibility.

Wexahu

I'd love for us to win a national championship.

Short of that, I'd rather pay to see us play a great competitive game, no matter the outcome, than these bayloresque body bag games for bowl eligibility.

Yep, exactly. The idea that you need to make your OOC schedule as weak as possible to better your chances of making the CFP is stupid. If you have a team that’s good enough to compete in the CFP you can schedule about anyone you want and you aren’t going to lose. This is all about coaches wanting an automatic win on their schedule no matter how bad their team stinks. Most all teams do this but it stinks for the fans.

TooColdU

Yep, exactly. The idea that you need to make your OOC schedule as weak as possible to better your chances of making the CFP is stupid. If you have a team that’s good enough to compete in the CFP you can schedule about anyone you want and you aren’t going to lose. This is all about coaches wanting an automatic win on their schedule no matter how bad their team stinks. Most all teams do this but it stinks for the fans.

I bet they look back and think if we didn’t have that automatic win, TCU would've missed a bowl game 3 out of the last 4 years.

Smh. Such a low bar.

froginmn

You don't buy season tickets, do you?
Actually yes, I buy season tickets for U of Minnesota. Last season's home non con were S Dakota State and GA southern. This year is FL Atlantic, Tenn Tech, and BYU.

Again, most P5 teams either have one or zero P5 non con opponents. If they have one, it will probably be a home and home. That's the way college football works - the value games for fans are the conference opponents. Pick a team and look at their schedule. Pretty much every P5 does it the same way; you'll find only a couple exceptions. And from the standpoint of wanting to give TCU a chance to get to the playoffs, why would you want to hold us to a higher standard than any other school? We aren't a little guy anymore.

froginmn

It's amazing how much some of y'all have forgotten.

In 2010, we had a non conference of Ore St. (in Arlington), Baylor at home, at SMU, and Tenn Tech at home.

But our CONFERENCE home schedule was Wyoming, BYU, Air Force, and SDSU. I prefer the home opponents we have now, yet our fans still find a way to complain about the quality of what they are paying for. SMH

Peacefrog

Degenerate
It's amazing how much some of y'all have forgotten.

In 2010, we had a non conference of Ore St. (in Arlington), Baylor at home, at SMU, and Tenn Tech at home.

But our CONFERENCE home schedule was Wyoming, BYU, Air Force, and SDSU. I prefer the home opponents we have now, yet our fans still find a way to complain about the quality of what they are paying for. SMH
We have exceedingly selfish fans with very short memories. It won’t change.

GenXFrog

Actually yes, I buy season tickets for U of Minnesota. Last season's home non con were S Dakota State and GA southern. This year is FL Atlantic, Tenn Tech, and BYU.

Again, most P5 teams either have one or zero P5 non con opponents. If they have one, it will probably be a home and home. That's the way college football works - the value games for fans are the conference opponents. Pick a team and look at their schedule. Pretty much every P5 does it the same way; you'll find only a couple exceptions. And from the standpoint of wanting to give TCU a chance to get to the playoffs, why would you want to hold us to a higher standard than any other school? We aren't a little guy anymore.

I could not care less about Minnesota's season tickets and OOC schedule on a TCU board. But I get it, that's your thing.

You are right though, we are not a little guy anymore. So why should we schedule like one?

Nevertheless, I'll concede your point. We should schedule these games because we want an easy path to a bowl game.

With that concession, is it really too much to ask that we schedule some of our mountain west rivals? Some games with at least a little bit of history we can get behind?

Limp Lizard

I guess many here want the non-conference schedule to be tOSU, Bama and Clemson every year. Then they would gripe about how we are all beat up going into conference.

Every year we play an FCS school, SMU and a P5 team. And every year people gripe about it. Might as well gripe about the sun setting in the west.

TooColdU

• @Cal
  • vs Prairie View A&M
  • @ SMU
  • vs Cal
  • vs SMU
  • @ Colorado
  • vs Tarleton State
  • vs Colorado
  • vs Nicholls
  • @ Stanford
  • @ North Carolina
  • vs North Carolina
  • vs Stanford
  • @ Duke
  • vs Duke
  • vs Purdue

JockO de Frog

• @Cal
  • vs Prairie View A&M
  • @ SMU
  • vs Cal
  • vs SMU
  • @ Colorado
  • vs Tarleton State
  • vs Colorado
  • vs Nicholls
  • @ Stanford
  • @ North Carolina
  • vs North Carolina
  • vs Stanford
  • @ Duke
  • vs Duke
  • vs Purdue
Why is it that in our home and homes with P5 opponents that our opponent always has the first home game. Problem is, if a game has to be cancelled (which might have happened with tOSU if not changed to neutral site), or a realignment, we lose out.