• The KillerFrogs

Ewers visiting TCU tomorrow…

geefrogs

Do any developmental leagues make money?

Minor league baseball?

Whatever the latest developmental scheme the NBA has?

Minor league hockey?

Maybe that'll make a takeover of college football by the NFL a tough sell. Who knows? Not me.
2021-12-07.png

the NBA is playing chess. everyone else is still playing checkers.

Chongo94

Kittley is now at Tech, which if you wanna put up big numbers as a qb will have to be a draw for this kid.

He can come in, throw some crazy numbers and still get drafted even if they aren’t any good. Figure TCU is at the back of the pack for this guy.

Chongo94

How much are expenditures?
Well they ran their first developmental league, the Continental Basketball Association (CBA), into the absolute ground. Or rather Isiah Thomas did, naturally. The CBA was kinda cool back in the day and people actually paid attention to it more than this G-League thing it seemed.

I think they run this one a bit better but who knows.

If you think $1 million at age 18 sets him up for the rest of his life, brother, you aint lived to be 90 yet.
The rumor was that it was $3 million.

After taxes, let's say that's $1.8 million. If he only earns 6% annually on that original investment of $1.8 million, he can take out $9,000 a month for the next 60 years. I guess he could live off of that. After age 79, well...there's always social security!

hiphopfroggy

The rumor was that it was $3 million.

After taxes, let's say that's $1.8 million. If he only earns 6% annually on that original investment of $1.8 million, he can take out $9,000 a month for the next 60 years. I guess he could live off of that. After age 79, well...there's always social security!
And that doesn't even take into consideration the new massive NIL deal/s he is about to receive.

Eight

H.S.? Or College? College is at least a little forgivable, in that there is little loyalty flowing downhill at a Big Time Program unless you are paying the bills. And, he was not.

Ditching H.S. to chase the Big Money is just weird. I read up-thread of a $1.5 million contract, but what services does this entail? What are his rights and responsibilities? It's for damned sure they didn't just hand the kid a sackfull of money and say, "Hey kid, mention our name from time to time!" Granted, I am not a social media creature, and, in fact, avoid it all like the plague. Yet, even in that sphere, the kid was being paid to pimp a service or product, same as any mook on TV. If he never plays a down, what happens to the flow of money?

a number of kids have done this in other sports so why should he be viewed as different

BedfordFrog68

What's the story on why he's transferring from Ohio State? Did he get beat out and doesn't have immediate playing time potential? Or does he just want to move closer to home?
Cynically, I think he's made as much money as he will at OSU since he won't get much playing time, so transferring to a school where he could reestablish his NIL value is the attraction....

Eight

The only ones I know of are the blonde twins from LSU. Ye Gods!

tennis players and gymnast have done this for years

did phelps actually swim for michigan?

had some track athlets as well and elsewhere in the world there is no college system for the development of sports

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
tennis players and gymnast have done this for years

did phelps actually swim for michigan?

had some track athlets as well and elsewhere in the world there is no college system for the development of sports
There was a line between Pro and Amateur for a long time in American sport, as we played by the "rules" and nobody else bothered. Then that line was erased, and the rules have slowly evaporated. The last remnants of the old system have been swept away...