• The KillerFrogs

Ewers visiting TCU tomorrow…

PO Frog

The whole NIL situation is crazy enough, but it’s absolutely bonkers that anyone would even consider giving that kind of cash to a kid that hasn’t even demonstrated success at the college level yet.

Of course, NFL rookies are given big contracts without proving themselves at the next level yet, but it’s a little more predictable than coming out of HS. Just about every player on Ewers’s team in high school was better than every player on the other team. Also better training, better facilities, and better home lives than almost everyone they faced. I would be very hesitant putting so many eggs into a basket that has never once faced superior talent, at any level, at any position…

asleep003

With words and everything?

I remember driving down the road one day some many years ago, and Paul Finebaum was giving a slobbering, sickening interview with Gene Chizik about he and his wife's upcoming "Children's Book" they were writing. All I could think of was "A children's book?!? Well, that's about his level, after all..." Chizik was (and still is) a moron who would have trouble stringing whole sentences together, much less a coherent whole, and that any book produced by such an imbecile had best be paint-by-numbers or something of that nature...
Not a member of the Gene Chizik fan club.?.

Wexahu

The whole NIL situation is crazy enough, but it’s absolutely bonkers that anyone would even consider giving that kind of cash to a kid that hasn’t even demonstrated success at the college level yet.

Of course, NFL rookies are given big contracts without proving themselves at the next level yet, but it’s a little more predictable than coming out of HS. Just about every player on Ewers’s team in high school was better than every player on the other team. Also better training, better facilities, and better home lives than almost everyone they faced. I would be very hesitant putting so many eggs into a basket that has never once faced superior talent, at any level, at any position…
The NFL is a business with a player draft, a players union with a negotiated agreement, salary minimums, salary caps, etc etc etc. This is entirely different.

With words and everything?

I remember driving down the road one day some many years ago, and Paul Finebaum was giving a slobbering, sickening interview with Gene Chizik about he and his wife's upcoming "Children's Book" they were writing. All I could think of was "A children's book?!? Well, that's about his level, after all..." Chizik was (and still is) a moron who would have trouble stringing whole sentences together, much less a coherent whole, and that any book produced by such an imbecile had best be paint-by-numbers or something of that nature...
That’s an interesting take. I thought he was really good on the SiriusXM radio show he did for a few years.

Unintelligent is the last way I would describe him. He was quite humble, too.

Double V

Don't underestimate just how much John Sellers and Cody Campbell want TT to be good at football...Don't know that we have anyone at TCU desperate enough to get into an arms race with those dudes and the biggest cigars at UT.

Last edited:

HornyWartyToad

Fools Gold. Texas is going to do this just like they do everything else: Spend a [ Finebaum ]-ton of money(again) on the assumption(again) they can buy their way out of mediocrity. It's doomed to failure because, Texas. They will have the #1 payroll in CFB and will be a perennial .500 SEC team. Going to be delicious to watch, once the reality of it all sinks in and the big cheese donors begin to wonder where all their money went.