• The KillerFrogs

Estridge turns down Aggies

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
One of the funniest things I have ever listened to was Dave South just losing his mind while Rape U. and RGIII were ripping them to shreds. I had taken some hay out to the cows, and the game was on the radio in the tractor. I eventually stopped just to listen. Mrs. Brewingfrog walked out into the pasture and banged on the tractor door she was so worried: "All I could see was the tractor stopped, and you hunched over and shaking. It never occurred to me you'd be laughing!"

SwissArmyFrog

Brian co-hosts a show weekday mornings from 5-10 on 820. News and talk, and I enjoy it very much when I have the opportunity to listen. Busy man!

AroundWorldFrog

Auditions open..

rdjsat.jpg

sheep-with-microphones-picture-id450968715

Pharm Frog

Let's get this straight: Estridge is a BROADCASTER; Jeff Smith is an announcer. Frog DJ can back me up but an announcer is someone who is a PA announcer at a game and his dialogue is scripted. A broadcaster is a play-by-play guy or analyst that broadcasts what he sees in front of him LIVE. This constant misuse of the word "announcer" is freakin' annoying. Having said all that, Estridge may be the best in the business and we shouldn't feel "lucky" to have him. He was very, very raw his first year but TCU stuck with him. TCU earned the right to keep him for giving him a chance to grow and without judgement in his first year. Estridge is a loyal man to stay here, but I also hope he is on the upper end of the pay scale because he should. As the keen ears noticed, he grew so much from year 1 to year 2 and keeps getting better. Hopefully, he is here for life. That Aggy went after him is a HUGE compliment.

How can a PA announcer be scripted when the events of the game are not scripted? (WWE exempted). I could agree with mostly formulaic but not scripted.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Very. I bring a little radio with earbuds into the games to listen to the broadcast. If they could get rid of the delay, it would be perfect.
There’s a delay? I didn’t take my radio any last year, but I don’t remember a delay. Not on KTCU anyway. I know there isn’t one for baseball games.

CountryFrog

And the “Go Frogs” guy that comes out before our team is introduced.
If he would just come out and start the chant and then shut up I'd have less of a problem with it. I don't understand why he thinks it's a good idea to keep going with the chant over the microphone.

Pharm Frog

There’s a delay? I didn’t take my radio any last year, but I don’t remember a delay. Not on KTCU anyway. I know there isn’t one for baseball games.

Most have gone with a short broadcast delay of about 7 seconds to catch and dump inappropriate content before it airs and the station gets fined.

netty2424

yes it was substantial. I don't remember it the year prior, but last year almost made it unusable to the point I was turning it off and on depending on the play or if there was a review/injury/penalty or something I felt like I missed I would tune back in.

They just offer so much in game information it adds to the experience for me.