• The KillerFrogs

Estridge turns down Aggies

P

purplePPO

I know South is a supposed Aggie legend but he was a horrible Football radio announcer. He would be confused and lost and was about 5 seconds behind the play as it happened. I only know this because I listened to him on TCU and A&M games back in the day. He was bad!! Just my 2 cents worth.

Eight

I know South is a supposed Aggie legend but he was a horrible Football radio announcer. He would be confused and lost and was about 5 seconds behind the play as it happened. I only know this because I listened to him on TCU and A&M games back in the day. He was bad!! Just my 2 cents worth.

milo was horrible his last 5 years with the astros and dave south made milo at the end sound like vin scully

you could listen to an ag game for an entire quarter and not only not know the score of the game, but who had the ball, when teams got a first down, really any plays that happened in the game.

he was the epitome of white noise

TemCatFrog71

I don't know how many of you have endured listening to an A&M football broadcast with Dave South, but is was so amateurish. Everything was "we" did this and "we" did that. The opponent NEVER did anything positive. They were just fortunate or got a good bounce. Brian, with his professional approcoach to his job, would not have made the Brazos River folks happy. Glad you are staying Mr Estridge.

Estridge is damn good at his job. I saw a bowl game he did on TV a couple of years ago and he's better than 99% of the TV announcers out there.
Let's get this straight: Estridge is a BROADCASTER; Jeff Smith is an announcer. Frog DJ can back me up but an announcer is someone who is a PA announcer at a game and his dialogue is scripted. A broadcaster is a play-by-play guy or analyst that broadcasts what he sees in front of him LIVE. This constant misuse of the word "announcer" is freakin' annoying. Having said all that, Estridge may be the best in the business and we shouldn't feel "lucky" to have him. He was very, very raw his first year but TCU stuck with him. TCU earned the right to keep him for giving him a chance to grow and without judgement in his first year. Estridge is a loyal man to stay here, but I also hope he is on the upper end of the pay scale because he should. As the keen ears noticed, he grew so much from year 1 to year 2 and keeps getting better. Hopefully, he is here for life. That Aggy went after him is a HUGE compliment.

Mean Purple

I don't know how many of you have endured listening to an A&M football broadcast with Dave South, but is was so amateurish. Everything was "we" did this and "we" did that. The opponent NEVER did anything positive. They were just fortunate or got a good bounce. Brian, with his professional approcoach to his job, would not have made the Brazos River folks happy. Glad you are staying Mr Estridge.
There's worse. That Ned Flanders wannabe who calls bu football now. And there is worse than that. Ned Flanders' predecessor.

Frog-in-law1995

I liked Dave South quite a bit when I was an Aggie, and even since then would still listen to him on Saturdays when the Frogs or a good Big 12 game wasn’t on, but I do like Estridge an awful lot too...probably a little more. And Denton is miles ahead of Dave Elmendorf, imo. Really glad Estridge is sticking around

I liked Dave South quite a bit when I was an Aggie, and even since then would still listen to him on Saturdays when the Frogs or a good Big 12 game wasn’t on, but I do like Estridge an awful lot too...probably a little more. And Denton is miles ahead of Dave Elmendorf, imo. Really glad Estridge is sticking around
I hope you recognized that Dave South was an embarrassing homer, the biggest homer in the business. But, having said that, that is Aggy mentality and they do not want anyone who might show the slightest hint of objectivity. South is a joke in the industry.

Frog-in-law1995

I hope you recognized that Dave South was an embarrassing homer, the biggest homer in the business. But, having said that, that is Aggy mentality and they do not want anyone who might show the slightest hint of objectivity. South is a joke in the industry.

Meh. I was rooting for the Aggies, too, so the homerism didn’t bother me so much.