• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: Utah repeats as Pac-12 champs, knocks USC out of playoff

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
  • Paolo UggettiESPN
LAS VEGAS -- The only blemish in USC's 11-win regular season had been a one-point loss to Utah in October. Thanks to the Pac-12's decision to turn its championship game into a matchup between its two best teams instead of division winners, the Trojans had an opportunity to make that loss moot and advance to their first College Football Playoff appearance in Lincoln Riley's first season as head coach.

But one blemish turned into two on Friday night, as No. 11 Utah played spoiler and proved it has USC's number this season.

The Utes scored 24 straight points at one point and went on to dominate No. 4 USC 47-24 to win their second straight Pac-12 title and likely keep the Trojans out of the fourth playoff spot.

Read more at https://www.espn.com/college-footba...utah-repeats-pac-12-champs-knocks-usc-playoff

froginmn

The Utes scored 24 straight points at one point and went on to dominate No. 4 USC 47-24 to win their second straight Pac-12 title and likely keep the Trojans out of the fourth playoff spot.
No way you lose your last game by 20+ and still make the playoff.

usa_today_19464742.0.jpg

McFroggin

Not only that, we’re pretty much guaranteed the Fiesta vs Michigan unless Georgia loses.

With a L, they would try to rationalize Bama jumping us. Otherwise I agree that no one wants a rematch of Mich v OSU in round 1 of playoffs.

When is the last time a team lost a game and didn’t move a single spot on the rankings?

McFroggin

Bama lost both games by a combined 4 points to ranked teams. They have won 3 in a row and are on the upswing. They are playing their “best football now”.

TCU loses the most recent game by X points. We have had our best players recently injured and are on the downswing.

I’m not saying this will happen, but I guarantee they will talk about how to get Bama in and us out with a L. Keeping us at #3 with a L looks weird, but you can’t drop us to #4 and OSU #3 because a rematch gets less tv viewers. So you come up with a reason that Bama moves to #3.

Frog-in-law1995

Bama lost both games by a combined 4 points to ranked teams. They have won 3 in a row and are on the upswing. They are playing their “best football now”.

TCU loses the most recent game by X points. We have had our best players recently injured and are on the downswing.

I’m not saying this will happen, but I guarantee they will talk about how to get Bama in and us out with a L. Keeping us at #3 with a L looks weird, but you can’t drop us to #4 and OSU #3 because a rematch gets less tv viewers. So you come up with a reason that Bama moves to #3.
No way