• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: Todd McShay NFL mock draft 1.0

jake102

30. New England Patriots
Ben Banogu, DE/OLB, TCU

Bill Belichick loves to collect versatile edge defenders, and Banogu fits the bill. A former transfer from Louisiana Monroe, he didn't get much national attention this season but was always around the ball on the tapes I studied and was highly productive (15.5 TFL, 8.5 sacks).

19. Los Angeles Chargers
Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

Orlando Brown is an option at offensive tackle here, but this is a good time for the Chargers to take a successor to 36-year-old Philip Rivers. Los Angeles passed on Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson last draft, but Mayfield is too intriguing to pass on here. Perhaps no prospect has improved his stock more in 2017 than Mayfield, who was my ninth-ranked QB coming into the season, with a midround grade. The Heisman winner is an exceptional leader and could play himself into the first round with a good showing in the College Football Playoff.

Bob

I hope Zero U wins the "playoff" and I am glad I don't have to see Mayfield pick apart TCU's secondary anymore, but when I hear the name Baker Mayfield, I will always associate it with a BM.

BoondocksFrog

19. Los Angeles Chargers
Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

Orlando Brown is an option at offensive tackle here, but this is a good time for the Chargers to take a successor to 36-year-old Philip Rivers. Los Angeles passed on Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson last draft, but Mayfield is too intriguing to pass on here. Perhaps no prospect has improved his stock more in 2017 than Mayfield, who was my ninth-ranked QB coming into the season, with a midround grade. The Heisman winner is an exceptional leader and could play himself into the first round with a good showing in the College Football Playoff.

4hot9lt.jpg

Wexahu

I'm really surprised he's that high, but if that projection is true, you sure can't fault him for leaving.

Just think, going into the season DE was one of the biggest question marks on the team. We end up with a kid who made multiple All-American teams and another who is projected as possibly a first-round pick as an early entrant. Pretty amazing.

Sebastian S

RG3 seems to be campaigning and selling himself to get back in the nfl.

Saw interviews on ESPN yesterday and he was on the radio with Mike and Wingo this morning.

jake102

You could say that about every QB prospect out there. I'm actually surprised he's not projected to go higher, and in the end I think he will go higher when all is said and done.

Eh not so sure. Baker is 6'0", average NFL arm, obviously elite accuracy and good footwork/movement in pocket.

Is he more Russell Wilson or Johnny Manziel?

Wexahu

Eh not so sure. Baker is 6'0", average NFL arm, obviously elite accuracy and good footwork/movement in pocket.

Is he more Russell Wilson or Johnny Manziel?

I think the comparisons to Manziel are kind of absurd. JM was an idiot who didn't really care to work that hard, even in college. You can tell BM puts in the work and takes being a QB seriously, he's just annoying as heck as a person.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I think the comparisons to Manziel are kind of absurd. JM was an idiot who didn't really care to work that hard, even in college. You can tell BM puts in the work and takes being a QB seriously, he's just annoying as heck as a person.

I forget, did show me the cash get tackled by a cop?

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
I'm with you. The Manziel comparison has always baffled me. BM is loved by his teammates and seems to work very hard. JM used to skip workouts at A&M and by the end his team was sick of him. I think the best comparison for him is a Brees type guy. Short but can make all the throws.

EDIT: But BM is still a [ profanity ]. Just a [ profanity ] who I think will be successful in the NFL

Wexahu

I forget, did show me the cash get tackled by a cop?

He got drunk and screwed up. If something like that happens again, then that would obviously change some things, but I think it's pretty clear he puts in a ton of work and is prepared to play on gameday. I would imagine he'll do pretty well when he interviews with NFL teams prior to the draft.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
He got drunk and screwed up. If something like that happens again, then that would obviously change some things, but I think it's pretty clear he puts in a ton of work and is prepared to play on gameday. I would imagine he'll do pretty well when he interviews with NFL teams prior to the draft.

It’d be one thing if it was is only churlish behavior trait, but looking the the prism of crotch grabs, et al I am not convinced he can help himself. The NFL is littered with the refuse of guys that put in the football work, but couldn’t overcome personality traits, criminal activity, immaturity or bad scouting. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see with this moron.