• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: Texas Tech coach Mark Adams suspended for 'racially insensitive' comment

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Texas Tech coach Mark Adams suspended for 'racially insensitive' comment

https://www.espn.com › mens-college-basketball › story › _ › id › 35791167 › texas-tech-coach-suspended-racially-insensitive-comment
1 day agoAdams, 66, graduated from Texas Tech in 1979 and has been a coach with the Red Raiders since 2016, first as an assistant under Chris Beard and the past two seasons as Beard's replacement.

Read more at https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...-coach-suspended-racially-insensitive-comment

Eight

Texas Tech coach Mark Adams suspended for 'racially insensitive' comment

https://www.espn.com › mens-college-basketball › story › _ › id › 35791167 › texas-tech-coach-suspended-racially-insensitive-comment
1 day agoAdams, 66, graduated from Texas Tech in 1979 and has been a coach with the Red Raiders since 2016, first as an assistant under Chris Beard and the past two seasons as Beard's replacement.

Read more at https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...-coach-suspended-racially-insensitive-comment

wait, that's it?

froginaustin

As Coach Leach found out, suing TTech for a stupid firing is a tough row to how.

[Is that a racially insensitive remark? Honestly, I don't know.]

The press release said "racially insensitive" but I wonder if the players were bothered by a reference that they should be like "wives" or "slaves"? Or were they even bothered at all?

Is the whole thing just b.s. by a not-bright bunch of liars in the TTech hierarchy looking for a cheaper way to dump a losing coach?

Austintxfrog94

Shaking My Head Smh GIF by Paramount+

HickoryFlameFrog

Simply stating the matter is best: i.e. "how can we work together to improve our coach-player relationship to maximize your potential?
Avoid references to anything as example of what you mean. This will overburden most young people's ability to make an appropriate
contextual reference due to a lack of common or general knowledge beyond what they have gotten from TikTok etc.

West Coast Johnny

Simply stating the matter is best: i.e. "how can we work together to improve our coach-player relationship to maximize your potential?
Avoid references to anything as example of what you mean. This will overburden most young people's ability to make an appropriate
contextual reference due to a lack of common or general knowledge beyond what they have gotten from TikTok etc.
Nice attempt at diminishing the players knowledge or sensibilities as something they got from 'TikTok'. How 'bout not making an annalogy that your basketball players are slaves that should serve their master. In this case, mostly black basketball players should serve their white coach.

I am sometimes surprised by the choice of Bible verses some memorize and recite, but I have read very little Bible and don’t know how best to attack that big book and maybe that is the problem for others too, huh.

I am disappointed with how many athletes and coaches wear their Christianity on their sleeve in what appears to be inappropriate and shallow ways that does disservice to Christianity. At some point does it embarrass adherents to Christianity? To many on the outside, it likely looks goofy or cultish.

And then there is prosperity televangelism. What if other religions would choose that prosperity TV path, then what would that look like and what reaction would they receive?

These much less than best appearances of Christianity contribute with its other negatives to the decreasing believers and churchgoers in this country.

Last edited:

Eight

the article from espn merely states the player was upset about the bible verse

if you read the verse the concept of servitude is not only applicable to the slave-master relationship and during that period in the world the idea of bondage was not merely applicable to how many today understand the concept of slavery

reminds me of the story about the financial person who in delivering a presentation to a committee for the washington dc government used the word niggardly and did so within the proper context of the definition of the word

you can guess the rest on how things played out and such is the case for adams. poor choice, but the bigger issue is tech using this to suspend him.

as others of said, this is an athletic department looking for a reason to make a change.

NORMLFROG

I am sometimes surprised by the choice of Bible verses some memorize and recite, but I have read very little Bible and don’t know how best to attack that big book and maybe that is the problem for others too, huh.

I am disappointed with how many athletes and coaches wear their Christianity on their sleeve in what appears to be inappropriate and shallow ways that does disservice to Christianity. At some point does it embarrass adherents to Christianity? To many on the outside, it likely looks goofy or cultish.

And then there is prosperity televangelism. What if other religions would choose that prosperity TV path, then what would that look like and what reaction would they receive?

These much less than best appearances of Christianity contribute with its other negatives to the decreasing believers and churchgoers in this country.
Agree but don't think for a minute that it's limited to Christianity. Just look at the Jihad movement and how money is raised. TV, radio, social media. Prosperity? See virgins for martyrs.

NF