• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Preseason Poll puts Frogs at #6.

SparkysDad

Congrats Frogs on your ranking. Big respect for both Fiesta Bowl participants.

Not sure, even if undefeated, that BSU would get in the MNC. Remember last year, we beat the Pac 10 Champs and still fell from a high of #4 to #6 in the BCS poll due to our conference slate.

Lots of chatter from the talking heads and a high pre-season ranking + a hypothetical undefeated season does not = MNC opportunity for BSU.

Everything, and I mean everything, has to fall just right...No undefeateds in either the Big 10 or the SEC and hopefully only one 1-loss team in either conference, really good seasons by both VaTech and Oregon State, no close wins for BSU against weak teams and at least some OOC wins from Fresno and Nevada.

I guess there's a chance, but I'm not holding my breath. Matter of fact I wouldn't be surprised (PO'd but not surprised), if TCU still passed BSU if Utah and BYU play tough OOC.

Good luck and remember, there's only two rematches that make sense: 1) Nat'l Championship; or, 2) Conference game!

HToady

I look forward to the day that TCU is the highest ranked team in the state of Texas. Hopefully that will be 2010.

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(SparkysDad @ Apr 9 2010, 05:28 PM) [snapback]542695[/snapback]
Congrats Frogs on your ranking. Big respect for both Fiesta Bowl participants.

Not sure, even if undefeated, that BSU would get in the MNC. Remember last year, we beat the Pac 10 Champs and still fell from a high of #4 to #6 in the BCS poll due to our conference slate.

Lots of chatter from the talking heads and a high pre-season ranking + a hypothetical undefeated season does not = MNC opportunity for BSU.

Everything, and I mean everything, has to fall just right...No undefeateds in either the Big 10 or the SEC and hopefully only one 1-loss team in either conference, really good seasons by both VaTech and Oregon State, no close wins for BSU against weak teams and at least some OOC wins from Fresno and Nevada.

I guess there's a chance, but I'm not holding my breath. Matter of fact I wouldn't be surprised (PO'd but not surprised), if TCU still passed BSU if Utah and BYU play tough OOC.

Good luck and remember, there's only two rematches that make sense: 1) Nat'l Championship; or, 2) Conference game!

I would say there's a fair chance of TCU passing Boise if both stay undefeated. I'm not going to worry too much about the title game, but an opportunity to play in Pasadena would be pretty sweet.

Honestly, I'd like to see Boise in the MWC, but I don't know how scheduling would work. A 9-game conference slate would create unbalanced schedules while hurting us for bowl bids and OOC scheduling opportunities, and sticking with 8 would mess up rivalries and create the possibility of a tie for a conference title. Also, we'd have to split TV and bowl revenue another way, so there's the question of whether adding Boise would bring in enough additional cash to make up for it.

Anyway, good luck this season.

Portland Frog

QUOTE(Jake102 @ Apr 9 2010, 08:48 PM) [snapback]542664[/snapback]
Boise will not lose to VT. Hopefully VT will catch them off-guard but I'm going to guess that Boise will be the one catching them off-guard. Just like they do to everybody... see TCU

Hopefully VT watches the Fiesta Bowl tape, and notes, "when it is obvious a fake punt is coming....uh....look for it...." :ph34r:

SnoSki

QUOTE(Gunner @ Apr 10 2010, 01:52 AM) [snapback]542738[/snapback]
Sorry, but Ohio State is the most overrated team in the history of polls.

I was wondering if Herbie got 3 votes or something..

PurplePutt

QUOTE(Frogs97 @ Apr 9 2010, 05:05 PM) [snapback]542693[/snapback]
Unless Baylor makes a meteoric improvement this year, I'm thinking that TCU's chances of getting into the top 2 hinges entirely on beating Oregon St., and then the Beavers winning out. Which means Boise St. would have a loss. Even if we have arguably the two best teams, I don't think our schedules setup well for that to happen. Maybe if OSU loses to both TCU and BSU, but wins the Pac-10? Even then, I don't think it would be enough. Even with key losses elsewhere.

Frankly I'm rooting for BSU to win every game, except Oregon St.

Just look at last year. Clemson wasn't even ranked when we played them and they had a mediocre season. Virginia was pretty bad--probably worse than Baylor will be this year and we climbed to #3 and a one second fluke from possibly (some say probably) climbing to #2.

Oregon State will be ranked and maybe in the top 20 when we play. Baylor could have a much better year? We need Utah and BYU to take care of business (until they play us) and I say our chances are at least as good as last year and probably better.

QUOTE(Jake102 @ Apr 9 2010, 03:48 PM) [snapback]542664[/snapback]
Boise will not lose to VT. Hopefully VT will catch them off-guard but I'm going to guess that Boise will be the one catching them off-guard. Just like they do to everybody... see TCU

You do realize that Boise State has exactly one, ONE win against auto-bid teams on the road, right? That in the entire history of the program, not just the last 5 or 10 years. They're something like 1-16 against the Big 6 on the road, the one win being a squeaker two years ago at Oregon (37-32). So cut the "Boise will not lose crap". If they win, it would be surprising.

I'm expecting a 10-14 point victory by Tech.

Johnnyhornedfrog

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Apr 11 2010, 12:42 AM) [snapback]542981[/snapback]
You do realize that Boise State has exactly one, ONE win against auto-bid teams on the road, right? That in the entire history of the program, not just the last 5 or 10 years. They're something like 1-16 against the Big 6 on the road, the one win being a squeaker two years ago at Oregon (37-32). So cut the "Boise will not lose crap". If they win, it would be surprising.

I'm expecting a 10-14 point victory by Tech.

I'm most certainly hoping that you are correct in your predition!