• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Preseason Poll puts Frogs at #6.

Nick Danger

ESPN's College Football Live program just released their preseason Top 25 list as voted on by a panel of ESPN contributors. Their top 6 were...
  1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Boise State
  4. Texas
  5. Virginia Tech
  6. TCU

Limey Frog

I'm rooting for Boise and TCU to both go unbeaten. The chance of us playing each other in the BC$ title game is slim, but that's what I'm hoping against hope to see. If TCU and Boise are the only unbeatens and play each other for the whole enchilada you will see movement on a plus-one format at the very least within weeks of the season ending.

Please football gods, please...

halfwaytoheaven

That's cool. One of the top 5 is guaranteed a loss in Week 1, and I doubt most of the others will go undefeated. We have a solid shot at moving into the top 2.

But if not, I'm pulling for Ohio State to reach the title game - that would open up a spot in the Rose Bowl for us. I wouldn't even mind a rematch with Oregon State if it meant a trip to Pasadena.

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(Limey Frog @ Apr 9 2010, 03:15 PM) [snapback]542635[/snapback]
I'm rooting for Boise and TCU to both go unbeaten. The chance of us playing each other in the BC$ title game is slim, but that's what I'm hoping against hope to see. If TCU and Boise are the only unbeatens and play each other for the whole enchilada you will see movement on a plus-one format at the very least within weeks of the season ending.

If TCU and Boise got into the title game, you'd see the BCS rules changed before the end of the season.

TCUbcsBUSTERS

QUOTE(Limey Frog @ Apr 9 2010, 03:15 PM) [snapback]542635[/snapback]

Nope if BSU wins out we have no shot, they have a better schedule with VT and will steal media attention all season. Best case is they win out except OSU and we stomp OSU but I dont want to sweat it so lets just have VT win in a close one to open up the season.

jake102

Boise will be undefeated next year is almost a given.

It will more than likely take the top team in the Big 10, SEC and Big 12 to have two losses before they would have a TCU vs. Boise rematch. And the top team in the ACC, Pac 10 and Big East would all need to have one loss.

That's a lot of things that need to happen for there to be Boise vs. TCU in the NCG.

I just don't see Alabama having more than one loss. A one loss Bama would easily go to the NCG ahead of an undefeated TCU.

TCUbcsBUSTERS

QUOTE(Jake102 @ Apr 9 2010, 03:35 PM) [snapback]542652[/snapback]

It will more than likely take the top team in the Big 10, SEC and Big 12 to have two losses before they would have a TCU vs. Boise rematch. And the top team in the ACC, Pac 10 and Big East would all need to have one loss.

That's a lot of things that need to happen for there to be Boise vs. TCU in the NCG.

I just don't see Alabama having more than one loss. A one loss Bama would easily go to the NCG ahead of an undefeated TCU.

A win against VT is a given?

Our wide reciever speed was killing BSU in the Fiesta bowl we just failed to take advantage of our opportunities. VT's speed will do the same. The hell with BSU I only care about the frogs doing well.

jake102

Boise will not lose to VT. Hopefully VT will catch them off-guard but I'm going to guess that Boise will be the one catching them off-guard. Just like they do to everybody... see TCU

Trelvis

QUOTE(Jake102 @ Apr 9 2010, 08:35 PM) [snapback]542652[/snapback]

Not really. So many things can happen, plus I think Virginia Tech beats them.

Cougar/Frog

Boise has only two wins at road or neutral site games vs. BCS schools, ever. I really do not think they will travel well to DC and face a very fast and very tough VaTech team without facing some real struggles. Then again, VT showed last season that it could find ways to lose games it should have won.....

That being said, I am amazed that ESPN would start TCU and Boise in their top 6..... But hey, ESPN does have big opening weekend games with both teams to promote....

fdub

folks, the top non-cartel team goes to the Rose Bowl, if it has an opening, for the next three years.

Unless it goes to the title game... which nobody thought possible when that rule-change was made.

This would be a great year for TCU and Boise to finish undefeated, and Utah or BYU only to have one loss (to TCU). Could be an all-non-cartel title game, with a second non-cartel team playing in the Rose Bowl. Oh, how the elites would howl!

Houston Frog

QUOTE(fdub @ Apr 9 2010, 04:06 PM) [snapback]542674[/snapback]
folks, the top non-cartel team goes to the Rose Bowl, if it has an opening, for the next three years.

Unless it goes to the title game... which nobody thought possible when that rule-change was made.

This would be a great year for TCU and Boise to finish undefeated, and Utah or BYU only to have one loss (to TCU). Could be an all-non-cartel title game, with a second non-cartel team playing in the Rose Bowl. Oh, how the elites would howl!

The top non-cartel team only goes to the Rose Bowl if a PAC 10 or Big 10 team is in the BCS Championship Game, thus opening up a spot. And only if a non-cartel team is ranked in the top whatever (12 maybe) in BCS rankings.

ShivasFrog

QUOTE(TCUbcsBUSTERS @ Apr 9 2010, 03:45 PM) [snapback]542662[/snapback]
The hell with BSU I only care about the frogs doing well.

+1

Best scenario for us is for BSU to beat VTech (drops VTech in polls), us to beat OSU at JerryWorld and then BSU to lose to OSU on the blue turf (least likely of the three). We pass BSU and then keep on winning.

Limey Frog

QUOTE(TCUbcsBUSTERS @ Apr 9 2010, 03:22 PM) [snapback]542641[/snapback]
Nope if BSU wins out we have no shot, they have a better schedule with VT and will steal media attention all season. Best case is they win out except OSU and we stomp OSU but I dont want to sweat it so lets just have VT win in a close one to open up the season.

That's not the case. Just about the only part of the sucky BC$ system that could ever work for us is that the formula guarantees #1 vs. #2 in the title game. That means that if TCU and Boise can get to the top two in the rankings, they're in. 1/3 of the formula is made of computers, which don't care about names on jerseys. With the other 2/3 being human polls us and Boise both starting in the top 10 is huge. The human polls are a non-sense joke. Pollsters don't rethink their votes each week. All they ever do is move a team up if they win and down if they lose.

If TCU and Boise start in the top 10, both win out, and the other teams lose we could see a TCU-Boise championship game. Maybe. As long as there's a chance of that, I'll be rooting for the Broncos.

Frogs97

QUOTE(Limey Frog @ Apr 9 2010, 03:22 PM) [snapback]542678[/snapback]
If TCU and Boise start in the top 10, both win out, and the other teams lose we could see a TCU-Boise championship game. Maybe. As long as there's a chance of that, I'll be rooting for the Broncos.

Unless Baylor makes a meteoric improvement this year, I'm thinking that TCU's chances of getting into the top 2 hinges entirely on beating Oregon St., and then the Beavers winning out. Which means Boise St. would have a loss. Even if we have arguably the two best teams, I don't think our schedules setup well for that to happen. Maybe if OSU loses to both TCU and BSU, but wins the Pac-10? Even then, I don't think it would be enough. Even with key losses elsewhere.

Frankly I'm rooting for BSU to win every game, except Oregon St.