• The KillerFrogs

ESPN-Hughes & Stevenson to decide Friday

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Klein Oak DE Nathan Hughes and TE Max Stevenson are set to make their commitments on Friday. Announcement on channel 55 (Houston)

West Coast Johnny

QUOTE(MountainWestFrog @ Apr 27 2010, 07:07 PM) [snapback]551521[/snapback]
Do we really have any shot here? Two very interesting prospects.

I don't believe that we have even offered Stevenson. Both Hughes and Stevenson are friends with Colby Griffin... Who knows? If Hughes wants to play in the NFL, TCU would be a good place for him.

talor

I think Hughes will choose between LSU and OU, although Bama offered recently. Stevenson never got an offer so he is also out of the picture.

Lewis, the other Klein DE is quite intriguing and has stated he has interest in TCU.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(MountainWestFrog @ Apr 27 2010, 10:07 PM) [snapback]551521[/snapback]
Do we really have any shot here? Two very interesting prospects.

I don't think so, probably OU but ND making some waves recently so who knows. Both would be excellent fits at TCU though.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(TCUTalor @ Apr 28 2010, 09:02 AM) [snapback]551651[/snapback]
I think Hughes will choose between LSU and OU, although Bama offered recently. Stevenson never got an offer so he is also out of the picture.

Lewis, the other Klein DE is quite intriguing and has stated he has interest in TCU.

Jon Lewis doesn't have a TCU offer either (if Rivals is correct). Alabama also after him.

Apparently, TCU is still all over Barnett (the only TE TCU has offered?). Wonder if Barnett would be solid to OU if Stevenson committed to OU? Who knows--we might still have a shot at Barnett? Hope so!

West Coast Johnny

Brian Perroni
AggieYell.com Recruiting Analyst

Spring (Texas) Klein Oak seems to produce top talent year in and year out. The class of 2011 is no exception for the Houston-area program and the two headliners are defensive end Nathan Hughes and tight end Max Stevenson.

'Klein Oak tight end Max Stevenson says his finalists are Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Notre Dame.',

[SIZE=8pt]Klein Oak tight end Max Stevenson says his finalists are Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Notre Dame.[/SIZE]The 6-foot-6, 230-pound Stevenson holds close to 20 offers and added another from in-state Texas A&M this week. The Aggie offer was a long time in coming.

"Last week, they were here," Stevenson said of the Aggies. "Terrell Williams was up at the school. I talked to him that night and he said, 'We've got to re-evaluate our whole deal. We're not sure if we're taking a tight end and so we'll get back to you.

"Then yesterday, coach (David) Smith walked up to me and said A&M offered. He said the letter should be in the mail soon. I need to call coach Williams back."

However, it looks to be a case of too little, too late. Stevenson and Hughes are both set to announce their commitments this weekend on Houston television. They will be appearing on High School Sports Live on Channel 55 The Tube.

"We're actually doing it on Saturday," Stevenson said. "It's going to be at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday night. We had thought it was on Friday at first, but it's on Saturday."

As far as finalists, Stevenson has three while Hughes looks to be down to two schools.

"His finalists are LSU and OU," Stevenson said of Hughes. "As for me, it's Texas Tech, OU and Notre Dame."

Stevenson does admit that the Aggies could have worked their way into that group.

"A&M would definitely be up there if it had come sooner," he said. "I went to some games there and really like the program, but we had already had our commitment set for this weekend.

"They didn't really know if they were going to take a tight end. They were flip-flopping on that, which I understand, but I've already got my finalists."

AEAfrog

QUOTE(TCUTalor @ Apr 29 2010, 01:24 PM) [snapback]552685[/snapback]
I am seeing Herschel Sims to Oklahoma State rumors all of a sudden!

Not rumors. Truth.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(AEAfrog @ May 2 2010, 02:52 PM) [snapback]554360[/snapback]
Not rumors. Truth.

Always suprising how players will go across the red river and play in that state. Nothing there.

AEAfrog

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ May 2 2010, 01:58 PM) [snapback]554365[/snapback]
Always suprising how players will go across the red river and play in that state. Nothing there.

I can understand OU after living in Norman for a while. I can't for the life of me understand why anybody would want to spend any significant amount of time in Stillwater, however.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(AEAfrog @ May 2 2010, 03:13 PM) [snapback]554382[/snapback]
I can't for the life of me understand why anybody would want to spend any significant amount of time in Stoolwater.

Fixed it ...

West Coast Johnny

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 28 2010, 02:28 PM) [snapback]551991[/snapback]
Apparently, TCU is still all over Barnett (the only TE TCU has offered?). Wonder if Barnett would be solid to OU if Stevenson committed to OU? Who knows--we might still have a shot at Barnett? Hope so!

Last I heard, Barnett wasn't even enrolled in high school. Don't know what's going on there. The Sooners have two of the best tight ends in the country, and you only really need one....

Opintel

Moderators
QUOTE(TopFrog @ May 2 2010, 03:18 PM) [snapback]554383[/snapback]
Fixed it ...

Stoolwater...that is correct. These players who turn down a chance to come to Fort Worth and learn from the outstanding coaching staff out at Hell's Half Acre will regret it. This is the place to be! :biggrin:

BTW - It pleases me to see that the gigantic stadium in Arlington is frequently called by it's correct name by many on this site.

DeathStar :ph34r:

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(West Coast Johnny @ May 2 2010, 04:55 PM) [snapback]554436[/snapback]
Last I heard, Barnett wasn't even enrolled in high school. Don't know what's going on there. The Sooners have two of the best tight ends in the country, and you only really need one....

I think he is back at A Maceo Smith with his dad. Overall I think he is a great kid just really confused and as far as OU if they haven't pulled the offer they at least seem to expect him to go elsewhere.

McFroggin

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ May 2 2010, 01:58 PM) [snapback]554365[/snapback]

After going to Norman to see the OU v TCU game, I definitely see why college players would go there. Great facilities and great fan base. It's schools like A&M and Tech where I don't understand how they EVER beat us out for players.