• The KillerFrogs

ESPN-Herschel Sims interview

maximilian

QUOTE(dannyfrog @ Apr 13 2010, 05:04 PM) [snapback]544382[/snapback]
Ok, smarta$, who pulled your chain? Any type of player I have ever seen commit to U of M, or even consider commiting, is a straight up thug. If you would use your college education instead of running your mouth, you could figure that out.

So you use that wonderful little hasty generalization to paint a high school junior as a thug, and then try to comment on someone else's intellect?

Throw your computer out the window.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(maximilian @ Apr 13 2010, 08:42 PM) [snapback]544468[/snapback]
So you use that wonderful little hasty generalization to paint a high school junior as a thug, and then try to comment on someone else's intellect?

Throw your computer out the window.

He also spelled "commiting" wrong when trying to accuse me of not using my education... a little ironic

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(dannyfrog @ Apr 13 2010, 05:04 PM) [snapback]544382[/snapback]
Ok, smarta$, who pulled your chain? Any type of player I have ever seen commit to U of M, or even consider commiting, is a straight up thug. If you would use your college education instead of running your mouth, you could figure that out.

Nice thing to say about a TCU recruit. I'm sure he'll appreciate it if he reads it.

Also, the Miami program today under their coach is not the same as it was the previous decades. I give that guy credit for his efforts to clean things up, even if at the cost of wins and dominance.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(South Texas Frog @ Apr 13 2010, 05:10 PM) [snapback]544385[/snapback]
Quite the broad brush there, eh? :ph34r:

GP wouldn't go after someone like he described anyway, so I'm not worried. If GP and the staff want him, then that's good enough for me.

SnoSki

QUOTE(allinfrog @ Apr 14 2010, 02:56 PM) [snapback]544641[/snapback]
Sims would look really marvelous in purple. He would be a great addition to the program.

Agreed!!! I thought he sounded like a sharp guy in that interview. Well spoken and a real "yes sir, no sir" type of guy. Would LOVE to have him on the Frogs.

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(allinfrog @ Apr 14 2010, 09:56 AM) [snapback]544641[/snapback]
Sims would look really marvelous in purple. He would be a great addition to the program.

And his favorite player is Adrian Peterson...and he wears purple too!!!

desmith03

QUOTE(South Texas Frog @ Apr 14 2010, 10:15 AM) [snapback]544656[/snapback]
And his favorite player is Adrian Peterson...and he wears purple too!!!

I don't think Peterson liked purple too much in his college days, though...

17237_215850468006_703433006_2929397_6428658_n.jpg

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 14 2010, 04:25 PM) [snapback]544692[/snapback]
Haven't several players transferred OUT of Miami recently?

QB Robert Marve transferred to Purdue, but that was for playing time.

Frog DJ

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 06:39 PM) [snapback]543910[/snapback]
Sounds good. How tall was the camera man?

The interview and player sounded very good - but the who was in charge of the audio?

It sounded as if Sims' voice was being picked up off the interviewers' mic, and he was either wearing a lav or he didn't have the presence of mind to point the mic at Sims for his answers.

Go Frogs!

stevenewilson

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 13 2010, 05:49 PM) [snapback]544421[/snapback]
Randy Shannon is a well respected coach, and he has turned the program around (image wise) from when he took it over in the 2006. I mean, they're not U Penn or anything, but they are no more thuggish than your average big-time football program

I don't know about that. According to the HBO special on Miami, Randy Shannon was known as the bag man for Jimmie Johnson when Jimmie was at Miami. I doubt he's squeaky clean.