• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Hemorrhaging

LeagueCityFrog

Paging Arizona and Arizona State....Come on down...

Or Colorado Plus one more.

Colorado has to be doing a face palm right now. You never see them on TV anymore either.

Paint It Purple

Are they going to lower the tuition cost?
Take the entirety of $39 million divided by 10,000 students. That would theoretically reduce each student’s tuition by $3,900. BUT, that’s without using it to pay for the athletic program that generated the money. $39MM just doesn’t go as far as it once did.

HFrog1999

Take the entirety of $39 million divided by 10,000 students. That would theoretically reduce each student’s tuition by $3,900. BUT, that’s without using it to pay for the athletic program that generated the money. $39MM just doesn’t go as far as it once did.

When I went to TCU that would’ve been about a 25% reduction

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass

As if TCU cares about reducing tuition costs.

LeagueCityFrog

When I went to TCU that would’ve been about a 25% reduction
As if TCU cares about reducing tuition costs.

The TCU tuition constant annual rise beyond irritates me. I come from a flyover state and a family of Frogs and have 3 little kids that cheer for TCU. That being said, I was told the TCU Board's mentality is to raise it 4.9% every year until new student applicants drop dramatically for a couple years in a row. I was told they are trying to get as much money as they can while they can until this bubble bursts. The quickest way to make the bubble burst nationally is for the US Government to cap the max per year per student loan to something like $20,000 instead of today's uncapped and blanket coverage regardless of the University's annual tuition. That one move would force kids to pass on schools that cost over $20,000 a year or they have to come up themselves upfront for the annual difference.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The TCU tuition constant annual rise beyond irritates me. I come from a flyover state and a family of Frogs and have 3 little kids that cheer for TCU. That being said, I was told the TCU Board's mentality is to raise it 4.9% every year until new student applicants drop dramatically for a couple years in a row. I was told they are trying to get as much money as they can while they can until this bubble bursts. The quickest way to make the bubble burst nationally is for the US Government to cap the max per year per student loan to something like $20,000 instead of today's uncapped and blanket coverage regardless of the University's annual tuition. That one move would force kids to pass on schools that cost over $20,000 a year or they have to come up themselves upfront for the annual difference.
Or get the government out of the student loan business altogether if you want tuition to decrease.

NewFrogFan

Yeah, the top package comes with both for 75/mo. There's about 115 channels. I get all the sports I need. The HBO and Showtime only only have 2 channels but you can use the apps through your streaming stick. There's minimal rewind so that takes a bit to get used to but I have hopes that will eventually be remedied. It's not as good as far as the capabilities of Direct TV but it's worth saving $50/month.

Plus, whatever streaming device you use will have tons of crap for kids, music, on demand, etc. I have a Roku and there's a DVR app but I haven't figured it out yet. I figure I'll try a firestick or Apple TV on one of the other tvs in the house. I only know Roku but it's easy to switch between Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and Vue.

I've heard Sling has more functionality but it doesn't have near the channel lineup.

Fwiw, there's no lifetime or Hallmark on Vue. Wife is kinda mad about that but too bad, so sad.

No Lifetime or Hallmark would get a GIANT no from the Dr/seamstress in my house. I want off DTV in worst way, stream many shows. I dont need premium channels, dont watch any networks BUT in football season, cant miss games just like right now.

HG73

When I was there tuition was $40/hour x 15 hours = $6HUNDRED. That's right, $600 per semester.

Put that into perspective UT tuition was $57.63 per semester. Not per semester HOUR, per semester.

My parents would borrow from the bank on odd semesters, one this semester and the other the next semester. I could normally pay the fall semester from my summer job where my dad worked. My half scholarship helped tremendously.

But yeah, it was enormously expensive even then. And it kept me out of Vietnam.