• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Hemorrhaging

Pharm Frog

There is no reason they could not go to Stillwater twice in one year. There have been multiple instances of gameday going to the same location multiple times in a season.

I understand that but I highly doubt that they'd go to Stillwater twice in one year. I won't. But the reason they aren't going to Stillwater next week is not because of an anti-Big12 bias (although that undeniably exists).

gp4prez

Pretty accurate quote from Moonves....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...isney-espn-fox-at-investor-conference-1039014

CBS Chief Leslie Moonves Takes Shots at Disney, ESPN, Fox at Investor Conference

"We think there is a place in the market for straight clips and scores," he said. "I'm a sports fan, but when I turn on ESPN, I see people yelling at each other."

Couldn't agree more! Unfortunately it's not just ESPN but also CNN, FOX News, etc have all become this way. Hard to get "just the facts" anywhere these days whether it's sports, politics, or business related. I'm ok with a few entertainment bits where analysts debate their interpretations of the meaning or potential outcomes of current events (whether sports related or real-world news) but I'm so tired of being inundated with debate formatted news shows. My favorite (sarcasm) is when foxnews brings on a weak liberal to represent a counterpoint and then the conservative panel anhialates them in a verbal lynching before dismissing them... (I hate it when either my Dad or Father in law visit because somewhere in my house fox will be playing sun up to sun down during their stay)

Even written news has started to become more about spin and less about facts. Every time I open CNN.com I see a headline titled "5 things you need to know today" or "what you need to know about [blank]", click either of those and they are written from one view point and laden with bias.

Anyway, if you want to know how I really feel about it give me a few glasses of single malt and ask but then you'll need some single malt too...

4 Oaks Frog

You do realize that ESPN writes big fat checks to the Big 12 every year, plus another huge check on top of that to Big 12 member Texas.

Good god, everything that happens isn't agenda driven. When Gameday went to Morgantown back in 2014 for our game at WVU was that a slap in the face to other conferences or did ESPN just decide it was time for a Gameday in Morgantown? They've had Gamedays in Fort Worth, in Waco, in Austin, in Norman, in Stillwater, in Morgantown, Manhattan, maybe even Lubbock at one time or another. I don't know how some of you can even enjoy college football when you constantly think everything is a conspiracy.

Does anyone really watch that show unless it is featuring their team?!? CGD is worthless! It is just another failing ESPN piece of crap. Sure, it cool when your school is in the spotlight. It was fun being part of the screaming crowd. It was an experience I won't forget. But past that, I have given more thought to CGD writing this post than I have since the day they were at The Carter.

GO FROGS! BEAT THE BABY HORSES!!
Spit Blood~~<~< and [Baylor asshoe]!!

YA

Couldn't agree more! Unfortunately it's not just ESPN but also CNN, FOX News, etc have all become this way. Hard to get "just the facts" anywhere these days whether it's sports, politics, or business related. I'm ok with a few entertainment bits where analysts debate their interpretations of the meaning or potential outcomes of current events (whether sports related or real-world news) but I'm so tired of being inundated with debate formatted news shows. My favorite (sarcasm) is when foxnews brings on a weak liberal to represent a counterpoint and then the conservative panel anhialates them in a verbal lynching before dismissing them... (I hate it when either my Dad or Father in law visit because somewhere in my house fox will be playing sun up to sun down during their stay)

Even written news has started to become more about spin and less about facts. Every time I open CNN.com I see a headline titled "5 things you need to know today" or "what you need to know about [blank]", click either of those and they are written from one view point and laden with bias.

Anyway, if you want to know how I really feel about it give me a few glasses of single malt and ask but then you'll need some single malt too...
Spot on.

All news and sports shows have become like a facebook comment section--if there isn't yelling then they perceive they are losing--that is an issue and why our society is falling basic civil discussions.

It doesn't help that our local, state and national leaders act the same way.

FBallFan123

Hilarious, if true......

EXCLUSIVE: ESPN tried to kick Jemele Hill off the air and replace her with another black host

-ESPN originally tried to keep Hill off the air on Wednesday evening, but Smith refused to do the show without her, the sources said. Both sources also said that producers reached out to two other black ESPN hosts, Michael Eaves and Elle Duncan, to ask them to serve as fill-ins for the show — but Eaves and Duncan did not agree to take the place of Hill and Smith, either.

-Faced with the possibility of having to replace Hill and Smith with white co-hosts, the sources said, ESPN then called Hill and asked her to come back on her show.

ESPN refutes this account.

-“We never asked any other anchors to do last night’s show. Period,” ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz emailed ThinkProgress after this story was published.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
That's not what I've done though. I haven't "pimped" them at all, I've just laid out facts. And they've continually been given the benefit of the doubt in every situation? Embellish much? They didn't get the benefit of the doubt in 2015 even though they probably had their best team that year, went 11-1, and basically had the EXACT same resume as we did in 2014. Why do you continually ignore facts that don't fit your narrative?

I don't like Ohio State at all and I can't stand Urban Meyer. I guess given those two facts, I'm just supposed to say "Ohio State sucks!!!" all the time. And continually whine about how ESPN hates us, Kirk Herbstreit hates us, Rece Davis hates us, the CFP doesn't like us, blah blah blah. No thanks. Talk about something that gets old, its everyone immediately after a poll comes out pointing out all the overrated teams (mostly from the SEC and Big 10) and blaming ESPN....even when its a freaking coaches poll....and how we are so underrated by everyone all the time.

We went 6-7 last year, have beaten mighty Jackson State and Arkansas so far, haven't even beaten SMU yet, and there are people here claiming an ESPN conspiracy against the Big 12 because the network isn't planning to be in Stillwater for our game next week!

Saying your opinion is factual doesn't make it so, nor do many on here seem to agree with your "facts".

And you continue to ignore the question of where you are from in Ohio. Either you don't want to lie or/and or show your bias by saying.

Wexahu

Saying your opinion is factual doesn't make it so, nor do many on here seem to agree with your "facts".

And you continue to ignore the question of where you are from in Ohio. Either you don't want to lie or/and or show your bias by saying.

I've ignored it because it's a stupid irrelevant question, but I'll answer it to make you happy. I've never lived in Ohio. Off the top of my head, I don't even know anyone who lives in Ohio. I've lived in Texas basically my entire life (and I've hated UT the whole time, imagine that). Prior to going to TCU I was somewhat a Nebraska fan for some reason (a friend of mine's dad played there but I don't really know if that was why) but I wasn't fanatical about it or anything and I haven't cared about them for probably 20+ years. In my early high school years I had a spell where I was a Miami fan, and am almost embarrassed to admit it because if that team played now I would hate them.

I have no allegiance to Ohio State whatsoever. Believe what you want to believe, it doesn't really make any difference..

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I've ignored it because it's a stupid irrelevant question, but I'll answer it to make you happy. I've never lived in Ohio. Off the top of my head, I don't even know anyone who lives in Ohio. I've lived in Texas basically my entire life (and I've hated UT the whole time, imagine that). Prior to going to TCU I was somewhat a Nebraska fan for some reason (a friend of mine's dad played there but I don't really know if that was why) but I wasn't fanatical about it or anything and I haven't cared about them for probably 20+ years. In my early high school years I had a spell where I was a Miami fan, and am almost embarrassed to admit it because if that team played now I would hate them.

I have no allegiance to Ohio State whatsoever. Believe what you want to believe, it doesn't really make any difference..

Not that it matters, I believe you. It seemed seems it would have been easier to say so the first time it was asked though.

netty2424

That's not what I've done though. I haven't "pimped" them at all, I've just laid out facts. And they've continually been given the benefit of the doubt in every situation? Embellish much? They didn't get the benefit of the doubt in 2015 even though they probably had their best team that year, went 11-1, and basically had the EXACT same resume as we did in 2014. Why do you continually ignore facts that don't fit your narrative?

I don't like Ohio State at all and I can't stand Urban Meyer. I guess given those two facts, I'm just supposed to say "Ohio State sucks!!!" all the time. And continually whine about how ESPN hates us, Kirk Herbstreit hates us, Rece Davis hates us, the CFP doesn't like us, blah blah blah. No thanks. Talk about something that gets old, its everyone immediately after a poll comes out pointing out all the overrated teams (mostly from the SEC and Big 10) and blaming ESPN....even when its a freaking coaches poll....and how we are so underrated by everyone all the time.

We went 6-7 last year, have beaten mighty Jackson State and Arkansas so far, haven't even beaten SMU yet, and there are people here claiming an ESPN conspiracy against the Big 12 because the network isn't planning to be in Stillwater for our game next week!
Facts as you see them, not necessarily facts as truth.

Wexahu

Facts as you see them, not necessarily facts as truth.

Yes, that's true. But answer this question honestly......what would the reaction of TCU fans be if we were to go 11-1 and undefeated in Big 12 play, and then go on to dominate the Big 12 CG to finish 12-1, and then get passed over by the committee for an 11-1 team. Seriously, what do you think the reaction would be?

Frog-in-law1995

Yes, that's true. But answer this question honestly......what would the reaction of TCU fans be if we were to go 11-1 and undefeated in Big 12 play, and then go on to dominate the Big 12 CG to finish 12-1, and then get passed over by the committee for an 11-1 team. Seriously, what do you think the reaction would be?

Edit: I said that wrong at first.

We weren't mad because we didn't pass over Ohio state.

If we were 12-1 and ranked ahead of an 11-1 team the week before and they still passed us, we'd be pissed. But that's not apples to apples.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Complete understanding from a rational fan base. Probably a little disappointment but would definitely be excited for the 11-1 team.

netty2424

How many times, man? Seriously.

Pharm Frog

mike-hump-day_design.png

latest

Mikey.jpg

BleedNPurple

Cable TV is failng in general. Online ad revenue is now equal to print, tv, outdoor ad revenue. Cable is being cut in favor of free news services/ Amazon, Hulu, over the air channels. Disney is Abel weather indicator of how the economy is doing. I only tune into ESPN for sports - completely disagree with their politics and they need to stay the heck out of that! Here's their 5 year and 1 year chart. I would say ESPN is gashing Disney - OP is right!'

Attachments

• IMG_7917.PNG
    IMG_7917.PNG
    249.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7918.PNG
    IMG_7918.PNG
    282.3 KB · Views: 6

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Cable TV is failng in general. Online ad revenue is now equal to print, tv, outdoor ad revenue. Cable is being cut in favor of free news services/ Amazon, Hulu, over the air channels. Disney is Abel weather indicator of how the economy is doing. I only tune into ESPN for sports - completely disagree with their politics and they need to stay the heck out of that! Here's their 5 year and 1 year chart. I would say ESPN is gashing Disney - OP is right!'

^^^ This. Not to mention that I record sports and watch them simultaneously as to avoid watching any commercials. I try to watch at least two CFB games during each time slot. I have gotten pretty good at keeping them in line and not getting too far ahead on one game or another.