• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Hemorrhaging

dawg

Hard to see this as anything other then a slap at the Big12. They want to do a show in NYC (which has no P5 teams, no interest in CFB, and Rutgers is horrid) but don't want to miss out on gagging on the secsecsec and Big10. So they screw the Big12 and miss out what would have been a rabid Gameday environment in Stillwater. ESPN cannot die soon enough.

Haven't watched Gameday in two years. Never will again, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

MTfrog5

If the game was in Fort Worth I'd be more upset. Not having it in Stillwater won't give those fans any extra excitement for the game. It being in NYC is dumb though. Iowa City hasn't hosted in 11 years. Go there is you want to see so passion. I hope the crowd is pathetic

How do you watch a game that is only on ESPN??? I am trying to find the best way to finally give Direc TV the shove over the cliff. College football is what I really enjoy..........wont PAY to go to any NFL game and if I happen to be where a game is on, I will watch.

I use Vue. Cut the cord last November and haven't looked back. Just found out last night they finally added CBS Sports. The only drawback is that all streams are about a minute or so behind real time and there are no channel numbers so you can't easily flip back and forth. So far, Fire TV works the best bc there's a previous channel function.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Everyone here hates ESPN, they hate Kirk Herbstreit and Rece Davis is a total prick. And then we all get all pissed when they don't bring their Gameday Show to one of our games. Something doesn't really add up there.

Do have to like the people to get the positive exposure? Is that a rule?

FrogsMcGee

I'm like others that recognize that Gameday has gone way down hill. I hardly watch it anymore. That said, it's still fun when they are on your campus for a big game. I'm guessing most of those that aren't into it anymore would still show up if they were at TCU.

Wexahu

Hard to see this as anything other then a slap at the Big12. They want to do a show in NYC (which has no P5 teams, no interest in CFB, and Rutgers is horrid) but don't want to miss out on gagging on the secsecsec and Big10. So they screw the Big12 and miss out what would have been a rabid Gameday environment in Stillwater. ESPN cannot die soon enough.

Haven't watched Gameday in two years. Never will again, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

You do realize that ESPN writes big fat checks to the Big 12 every year, plus another huge check on top of that to Big 12 member Texas.

Good god, everything that happens isn't agenda driven. When Gameday went to Morgantown back in 2014 for our game at WVU was that a slap in the face to other conferences or did ESPN just decide it was time for a Gameday in Morgantown? They've had Gamedays in Fort Worth, in Waco, in Austin, in Norman, in Stillwater, in Morgantown, Manhattan, maybe even Lubbock at one time or another. I don't know how some of you can even enjoy college football when you constantly think everything is a conspiracy.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
You do realize that ESPN writes big fat checks to the Big 12 every year, plus another huge check on top of that to Big 12 member Texas.

Good god, everything that happens isn't agenda driven. When Gameday went to Morgantown back in 2014 for our game at WVU was that a slap in the face to other conferences or did ESPN just decide it was time for a Gameday in Morgantown? They've had Gamedays in Fort Worth, in Waco, in Austin, in Norman, in Stillwater, in Morgantown, Manhattan, maybe even Lubbock at one time or another. I don't know how some of you can even enjoy college football when you constantly think everything is a conspiracy.
They only did those locations to make it seem like it's not a conspiracy.

FBallFan123

I am beyond worrying about where Gameday decides to land. It was a great idea that has run its course. No need to watch it anymore. CFB games start at 11:00 and don't end until after midnight. I would rather spend my time watching actual games rather than getting other people's "hot takes".

Yeah, that show has gone way downhill with Corso's health deteriorating and Fowler leaving, being replaced by the ever-annoying Rece Davis.

I tried watching Gameday a little bit on Saturday and it's just not that interesting or informative.....and even most of the signs weren't funny. The guest-picker and Corso mascot bits both feel a bit tired....but whatever.

I much prefer CBS Sports Inside College Football. I think you get a much better discussion on most games than ESPN offers.

Gameday is a nice event if your school is hosting....but other than that, I don't see it being a big deal. With that said, it probably doesn't hurt the Big 12 if they host more of these...but it probably doesn't help it much either.

However, it would be cool if ESPN Gameday showed up for a TCU basketball game this season...now that would be a statement for the basketball team.

Last edited:

Dogfrog

Speaking of conspiracies, I think you're a Baylor troll.

Mean Purple

ESPN repeatedly warned Curt Schilling to stop political rants and he didn't after being warned/written reprimand on 4 different occasions. If Hill does it after today, then she will meet the same fate as they get only one free pass now.
Get real. No glossing over ESPN's liberal push now. She will get a walk unless the fire on them is too much.

Mean Purple

Good god, everything that happens isn't agenda driven. When Gameday went to Morgantown back in 2014 for our game at WVU was that a slap in the face to other conferences or did ESPN just decide it was time for a Gameday in Morgantown? They've had Gamedays in Fort Worth, in Waco, in Austin, in Norman, in Stillwater, in Morgantown, Manhattan, maybe even Lubbock at one time or another. I don't know how some of you can even enjoy college football when you constantly think everything is a conspiracy.[/QUOTE
Big ten sux

FBallFan123

Couldn't even finish trying to read that Ringer article.

But the part below, which is where i stopped, partly explains why ESPN is so hard to watch and listen to these days.

Setting aside the liberal/conservative stuff, ESPN, and especially Sportcenter, have way too many people acting the way Greenberg is described below...people who don't really have much personality and yet are on air trying to fake it/force it....usually failing badly.

This is cringe-worthy......

The Ringer said:
A little after 9:30 that morning, after an interview on Mike & Mike, Hill was talking to Mike Greenberg off-camera. She was wearing flip-flops and a T-shirt with a picture of Doughboy from Boyz n the Hood. (“I remember the movie from the theaters,” Greenberg said on the air, like a man insisting on a level of cultural cred.)

Hill has made it her mission to teach Greenberg the occasional bit of slang. Once, she told him that morning, she and Cari Champion appeared on ESPN in short skirts. “As the young kids say, you got to let the lambos out,” Hill told Greenberg. She added: “You can use that.”

“All right, babe,” said Greenberg.

“Great to see you,” said Hill.

When Hill and I were out of earshot, I told her there was no chance Greenberg would use “let the lambos out.”

“Oh, no, he 100 percent would,” Hill said. Two years ago, when Hill was on Mike & Mike, Greenberg blurted out another phrase Hill taught him: “Is the mid still sellin’?” Hill cracked up, and Greenberg got a panicked look on his face. “Did I use it correctly?” he said. “Was that not an appropriate mention of it?” Hill forgot to tell him it was a reference to weed.

Last edited:

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
No.

Is it a rule that you have to like a team to think that they've deserved a spot in the CFP? Can I hate a team but still think they were really, really good?

No, it's just silly for someone to think it is odd to come on one school's fan board pimp a school that has no relation to that fan board and then be critical of the fan board's fans for thinking their school got screwed in favor of the unrelated school when the unrelated school is continually given every benefit of the doubt in every situation.

Again, where in Ohio do you come from?

Wash @ CU
TCU @ OSU
PSU @ Iowa
Bama @ Vandy

I'm sure GameDay is waiting to go to Stillwater on November 4 when a blue blood plays Okie State.

If you think it's a slap to Big 12 than so should Pac-12 and Big 10. All those conferences not under the full contract of ESPN. ESPN wants ACC and SEC and UT (LHN) to be the focus as they are fully under the ESPN umbrella not the conferences just half way in.

Wexahu

No, it's just silly for someone to think it is odd to come on one school's fan board pimp a school that has no relation to that fan board and then be critical of the fan board's fans for thinking their school got screwed in favor of the unrelated school when the unrelated school is continually given every benefit of the doubt in every situation.

Again, where in Ohio do you come from?

That's not what I've done though. I haven't "pimped" them at all, I've just laid out facts. And they've continually been given the benefit of the doubt in every situation? Embellish much? They didn't get the benefit of the doubt in 2015 even though they probably had their best team that year, went 11-1, and basically had the EXACT same resume as we did in 2014. Why do you continually ignore facts that don't fit your narrative?

I don't like Ohio State at all and I can't stand Urban Meyer. I guess given those two facts, I'm just supposed to say "Ohio State sucks!!!" all the time. And continually whine about how ESPN hates us, Kirk Herbstreit hates us, Rece Davis hates us, the CFP doesn't like us, blah blah blah. No thanks. Talk about something that gets old, its everyone immediately after a poll comes out pointing out all the overrated teams (mostly from the SEC and Big 10) and blaming ESPN....even when its a freaking coaches poll....and how we are so underrated by everyone all the time.

We went 6-7 last year, have beaten mighty Jackson State and Arkansas so far, haven't even beaten SMU yet, and there are people here claiming an ESPN conspiracy against the Big 12 because the network isn't planning to be in Stillwater for our game next week!

Pharm Frog

I don't like Ohio State at all

We went 6-7 last year, have beaten mighty Jackson State and Arkansas so far, haven't even beaten SMU yet, and there are people here claiming an ESPN conspiracy against the Big 12 because the network isn't planning to be in Stillwater for our game next week!

First. I don't believe you.

Secondly, there's one reason why Gameday isn't coming to Stillwater for the TCU v OSU game. That reason is November 4th. If LSU and Bama manage to both go undefeated until then and OSU and OU do as well, it could get interesting.

MAcFroggy

First. I don't believe you.

Secondly, there's one reason why Gameday isn't coming to Stillwater for the TCU v OSU game. That reason is November 4th. If LSU and Bama manage to both go undefeated until then and OSU and OU do as well, it could get interesting.

There is no reason they could not go to Stillwater twice in one year. There have been multiple instances of gameday going to the same location multiple times in a season.