• The KillerFrogs

ESPN article about SWC's demise

Eight

Memphis is not exactly a saturated TV market....Saint Louis and Nashville are closest major markets....

market ~600,000

curious how many sec teams broadcast on the radio in memphis or a surrounding city?

forest city is 47 miles away, but no idea if it can be heard in memphis

vandy is on the radio in memphis, vols are on the radio in memphis, and ole miss.

sure memphis gets the primary attention, but how much attention does the sec get in that city? when was the last time memphis pulled the city's top football recruit?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I think you would be pleasantly surprised if you visited the campus. A lot has changed, including the surrounding area. However, the area south of the campus going towards Hobby is still sketch.

That’s what I meant. Pretty it up all you want it’s still UH and still mostly a commuter school that most of Houston doesn’t even care about.

Rabidfrog

I didn't cheat. We just got caught cheating.

Translation to the modern Baylor fans: This is everybody else hating us because we are good. It is persecution due to our faith.

Translation to other fans: Baylor has always been capable of doing less with more. They will do whatever they can to cheat and try to cover up trail.
what we gonna do if they win both men's and women's bb championships this year?

HG73

Here is my new idea, which makes a whole lot of sense IMO, but will never happen of course unless they decide to do away with the traditional conferences (I said it would never happen).

1) Create six new 11-school conferences made up the the current P5 programs plus one lucky school. Determine conferences strictly by location. G5s stay like they are.
2) Expand the regular season to 13 games and eliminate the CCGs. Every team plays a 10-team RR within their league, 5 home games, 5 road games, plus 3 OOC games.
3) 14-week season starts when it does now, 1 bye week for everyone.
4) 12-team playoff. League winners plus four at large from the 6 major divisions, plus two at large from the G5's.
5) Seeds #1-4 get bye for 1st round of playoffs.
6) Bowls for teams outside the top 12, starting when they do now.

If schools can decide this is worth ditching a whole bunch of tradition over, something like this could really work for everyone. Combination between NFL-like structure and the current college format.
Good idea. My plan is eight conferences with 9 teams each. Eight conference games, 4 home and 4 away. 72 teams so 7 G5s get to move up. Maybe the 8th conference is the G5s and a couple P5s. Eight team playoff.

The TCU Football Jerk

No B12 expansion works with lesser schools. Its all about tv. Tv doesn't want rice, new mexico, etc. in the league. There are 2-3 bigger schools we could probably poach. I think Nebraska would not be that hard to persuade to come back for one.

HG73

Get Colorado. Even if we can't get anyone else. 11 is better than 10. No G5. Not even Cincy. Utah? sure. Zonas? great. But get Colorado.

Froglaw

I laughed at that one. According to him, he didn't cheat but everyone else did. LOL.

I guess Grunt Tuff went to his grave completely ignorant of that gas station just outside of Wacko where his players parents picked up their cash filled envelopes?

Froglaw

With the unrest in the Pac The Big 12 needs to negotiate from strength. We need flagship schools like CU ASU AU and even Utah. unless we can poach from the other Power 5 conferences the Big 12's future is west.

So the Big 12 is going to be spread over 3 time zones?

You will lose WVU to the ACC.