• The KillerFrogs

Escape the Big 12!!

Eight

I think if we were offered the chance to go to a higher paying conference, we would do the same thing. It IS about the money for everybody.

would? how about did, but the big difference is that on the way out tcu never really confused why they were making the move and damn sure didn't blame the prior conference for their shortcomings

texas has felt the rest of the conference(s) has held them back since the 90's

would? how about did, but the big difference is that on the way out tcu never really confused why they were making the move and damn sure didn't blame the prior conference for their shortcomings

texas has felt the rest of the conference(s) has held them back since the 90's
Agreed. It’s one thing to leave a conference for any reasons you want. It’s another to leave a conference because you destroyed it and then blame others. UT always rigged the deal, no big 12 network, uneven payouts, no add Louisville, ran off aTm, Nabreska, Arkansas, Missouri and more. It may seem old fashion, but the chickens often really do come I

Paint It Purple

I am starting to think UT does not really care that much about winning. As long as they can keep the money coming in. In their mind a loss to an SEC team is much better than a lose to Tech or Kansas. You see, UT can continue to lose games in the SEC and the other team’s fan bases will sell out the stadium and keep TV contracts high. Remember UT is a soulless, coin operated system. Texas is always about the money. The SEC Fits UT better because the longhorn culture is more about “status” than competition. $$$ beat Wins on the 40 acres.
A quote from SurlyHorns referring to UT FOOTBALL

"The f'ing Dallas Cowboys of college football. S'ty coaching and nothing but a brand at this point. Cycle of mediocrity. No one fears playing Texas anymore. Hell UTSA stayed with this team."

Edited by me for potty mouth. Don't blame me mods.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
A quote from SurlyHorns referring to UT FOOTBALL

"The f'ing Dallas Cowboys of college football. S'ty coaching and nothing but a brand at this point. Cycle of mediocrity. No one fears playing Texas anymore. Hell UTSA stayed with this team."

Edited by me for potty mouth. Don't blame me mods.
I felt pretty good yesterday after the UTs lost. Then, I went and visited Surly, read the long and turgid Game Thread, and I felt even better!

Limey Frog

UT and OU have found the answer to their dilemma. Get out of the Big 12! OU just lost the third out of the last four games against KSU, and UT got shot down by TT, and is facing more of the same from OSU and TCU and Baylor. Now they'll only have to face Alabama and LSU and Auburn and others. Good thinking, OU and UT!

This has aged nicely already. 10/10

JugbandFrog

I am starting to think UT does not really care that much about winning. As long as they can keep the money coming in. In their mind a loss to an SEC team is much better than a lose to Tech or Kansas. You see, UT can continue to lose games in the SEC and the other team’s fan bases will sell out the stadium and keep TV contracts high. Remember UT is a soulless, coin operated system. Texas is always about the money. The SEC Fits UT better because the longhorn culture is more about “status” than competition. $$$ beat Wins on the 40 acres.
It’s like the Cubs. Their ownership doesn’t care about wins.

PurpleBloodSpitter

Agreed. It’s one thing to leave a conference for any reasons you want. It’s another to leave a conference because you destroyed it and then blame others. UT always rigged the deal, no big 12 network, uneven payouts, no add Louisville, ran off aTm, Nabreska, Arkansas, Missouri and more. It may seem old fashion, but the chickens often really do come I
Don’t forget pulling every string possible to keep TCU out of the Big XII, too. 100% TCU that ran them off.

jrawson

UT and OU have found the answer to their dilemma. Get out of the Big 12! OU just lost the third out of the last four games against KSU, and UT got shot down by TT, and is facing more of the same from OSU and TCU and Baylor. Now they'll only have to face Alabama and LSU and Auburn and others. Good thinking, OU and UT!
They think they will look better when they lose to SEC teams than when they lose to Big 12 teams.