• The KillerFrogs

Elsewhere in the Big 12...

berryfrog95

Running game for UT is in Jeopardy.... they did get the Cal Grad transfer and the Rice OL transfer to attempt a patch job on what will be Elhlinger or bust Offense. If He leads rushing for the 2nd season straight Mensa will be on Hot seat.

Wexahu

Running game for UT is in Jeopardy.... they did get the Cal Grad transfer and the Rice OL transfer to attempt a patch job on what will be Elhlinger or bust Offense. If He leads rushing for the 2nd season straight Mensa will be on Hot seat.

One thing about senior grad transfers.....they often get hyped up pretty good because they have started (usually) and have some experience, but if they were THAT good they'd just leave for the NFL. They've already graduated, so what's the point in playing another year in college unless the NFL doesn't think you're good enough?

This Rice grad transfer is going to be a competent starter and nothing more IMO.

Frog-in-law1995

One thing about senior grad transfers.....they often get hyped up pretty good because they have started (usually) and have some experience, but if they were THAT good they'd just leave for the NFL. They've already graduated, so what's the point in playing another year in college unless the NFL doesn't think you're good enough?

This Rice grad transfer is going to be a competent starter and nothing more IMO.

I wouldn’t have minded another year of undrafted Trevone Boykin.

Wexahu

I wouldn’t have minded another year of undrafted Trevone Boykin.

He didn't graduate until Dec 2015 so he couldn't have transferred without skipping a year, and his eligibility was up anyway. Rest assured if he was considered a decent draft pick after the 2014 season he'd have been gone to the NFL.

Not sure about the comparison between Boykin and Anderson.

Frog-in-law1995

He didn't graduate until Dec 2015 so he couldn't have transferred without skipping a year, and his eligibility was up anyway. Rest assured if he was considered a decent draft pick after the 2014 season he'd have been gone to the NFL.

Not sure about the comparison between Boykin and Anderson.

My point was that NFL draft position is not a reflection of a player’s college value.

Boonescabanaboy

I hope OU and UT lose every game in conference play.

For a guy who doesn't have many grudges in my personal life, my dislike for other college team tends to accumulate. I dislike OU and UT for obvious reasons, Tech is Tech, Baylor has worked so hard at being disgusting you can't deny their place at the top of the crap heap.

When it's all said and done, I'm not in love with the Frogs, but you guys kind of fare well by default. The longer I hang around here the better chance I'll find a reason to find myself sticking needles in little frog voodoo dolls along with the rest.

Wexahu

My point was that NFL draft position is not a reflection of a player’s college value.

True, but I think it's a little different for offensive lineman, especially when compared to QBs. If Anderson were that good a player he'd be in the NFL, not messing around at UT for another year with a Rice degree in hand.

Eight

to raise your draft value to put yourself in position for guaranteed money which is rare in the nfl and not found in the lower dratt rounds.

Wexahu

to raise your draft value to put yourself in position for guaranteed money which is rare in the nfl and not found in the lower dratt rounds.

That’s a pretty big risk. I’d say rarely does a kid who has already graduated stay in a school an extra year (and transfer) just to improve their draft stock. Maybe if they weren’t a draftable player to begin with, but not just to improve their draft position. I guess maybe this kid is one of the exceptions. Banogu too I guess.

Eight

so you just named two players without doing much research...huh, what were the odds?

anderson graduated from rice, got a low round draft grade, the coaching staff at rice got blown out and replaced, he has gotten his ass kicked teamwise the past three years, and he gets chance to raise his draft stock and play at home.

not sure which part is tough to understand and i think many frog fans are hoping for big things from a grad transfer this year on defense.

H0RNEDFR0G

Mensa’s HC resume in 3 seasons is 1 American Athletic Conference Championship, a NY6 win over a team that was on it’s 3rd QB, and a season opening trap game win over OU. That doesn’t seem to be the resume of an elite coach, but everyone act like it is. All of those accomplishments were from a UofH team built by Tony Levine, that easily had the best talent in the AAC.

He gets to Texas and whines that the cupboards are bare (Urban Meyer owned him for that) and goes 6-6. His offense is not going to work in our conference. The moment Orlando gets his HC offer elsewhere Mensa is toast.

Color me unimpressed.