• The KillerFrogs

Elsewhere in the Big 12...

MinFrog

The injury news coming out across the conference is what makes me most nervous about GPs closed practice policy..We likely have had some injuries we won’t know about until the opening game..Hopefully nothing to significant

Not to sound like a broken record on here, but there is a place to get the news you are referencing above, but it will cost you $10 per month.

Boonescabanaboy

May backfire but how much worse can they get?

This.

You can tell who did their homework when making predictions about OSU this year by the way they reference the receivers. Those who did little homework look at the loss at receiver to the NFL and expect that to be a weakness. Those in the know are not worried about that position at all.

O-State has some challenges but our success depends on one of the QB's stepping up. Texas can tell you what life is like with poor QB play. It's mid August so that means unreasonably optimistic expectations.

I'm in OKC so it's all OU all the time here. Most local media don't know there is more than 1 university with a football team in the state.

Oh yeah, and Texas is back. lol

CryptoMiner

UT Apparently the offense is stumbling around and RBs having ball control issues. Kyle Porter not looking good at all and has seemed to struggle since he got there. His best game was against an FCS team.

Not sure if good or bad but #1 center now seems to be Derek Kerrstettler and Shackleford running with the 2s at C and RG.

Injuries seem to be piling up. Going after a lot of JUCO DL so that may be telling.

OU the biggest issue is QBs throwing pics...I like it!

On D CB Parnell Motley standing out.

WV Offense seems to be clicking. Jack Allison emerging as #2 QB

Defense, well the O seems to have their way with them.

Eight

They also lost a starting corner to injury in their last scrimmage according to the Statesman insider.

What funny to me is their run game stunk last year and somehow they are getting the benefit of the doubt where we have two studs returning nobody in the national media wants to talk about

texas is always going to get the benefit of the doubt on a national perspective, mensa is still highly regarded on that level, and they return a good portion of their o-line and added the rice transfer while tcu has four guys in nfl camps.

not hard to figure out and i am not saying texas will be better than tcu. first, that they still have a great deal of talent on that defense and they will be improved offensively this year.

SuperTFrog

Texas reminds me a lot of where we were in 2013. They had a lot of close losses where if the ball bounces differently we feel differently about their season, and unlike our 2013 season, they even had a winning record. OT losses against both Oklahoma State and USC (both 10+ win teams), lost by 4 to Tech, 5 to OU. Even our game was close-ish before Darius broke that dude's ankles. The only real anomaly was that Week 1 drubbing against Maryland. That team easily could have been in the 8-4 - 10-2 range last year.

If they can keep Erhlinger's head from going squish, they are going to be in the upper portion of the conference.
While I agree with everything in your post, I will never like a post with anything positive about UT in it.

MinFrog

Probably a case of kids that weren't Herman's guys and weren't going to get much PT. Not sure how much a factor this will be, they've been killing it in terms of DB recruiting.

You need that depth though. Agreed they have some highly rated DBs, but they don't always pan out. Jones was the #1 safety his year and he is still looking for his ankles that Darius broke in route to a touchdown.

CryptoMiner

Probably a case of kids that weren't Herman's guys and weren't going to get much PT. Not sure how much a factor this will be, they've been killing it in terms of DB recruiting.

Depth may be an issue, freshman DeMarvion Overshown was running with the 1s but went down with a knee injury during the last scrimmage. MRI was supposed to happen yesterday but so far no status has been released on him.

Eight

interesting thing about bonney is he was involved in the recruitment of the lamar trio and green from heights.

guess foster and sterns are pushing for time. texas last year had a 5th year senior in locke at one safety, elliott who i believe was a 4th year junior at the other and true frosh jones. gave them a great deal of experience and flexibility in orlando's defense

now it is possible jones is the most experienced guy among their safeties. oh well, mensa will run off even more as they signed 52 players in 2016 and 2017 plus word is they want to target at least 20 this year.

Double V

guess foster and sterns are pushing for time.

Yeah...sleepy time.

stearns-and-foster-lux-estate-fiona-rose-luxury-cushion-firm-euro-pillow-top-mattress.jpg