1. The KillerFrogs

Election 2020

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by Bob Sugar, Aug 11, 2020.

1. next debate the only microphone that is on is the person answering the question. that microphone cuts off at the end of two minutes or if you start providing an answer that doesn't apply to the question posed to you.

during the rebuttal period only the microphone of the person responding is on and if they veer off from responding to what their opponent just said their microphone gets cut off

not going to happen, but you got to have hope right?

2. If Biden did so well why not continue the debates? All I read in left leaning media today was how Trump came off as a big bully and cost himself the election, and so if your enemy is self inflicting harm why stop him? Unless they know that Biden did as much, if not more damage to himself by stooping to Trump's level?

3. So then Wallace never thought to follow up giving Trump a group's name with a named group to Biden?

4. He’s probably referring to trump being sued for refusing to rent to African Americans in the late 70s. Quoted as saying, "You know, you don't want to live with them either." During a break in depositions.

Or how he treated the Central Park 5.

Or how he continued with the Obama birth certificate [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ].

Or when he was quoted as saying this, “I've got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes. Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else... Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that's guy's lazy. And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.” In John O'Donnell’s book Trumpt! Which he later confirmed in an interview with Playboy by saying “The stuff O'Donnell wrote about me is probably true."

What Up Toad likes this.
  5. Of course, she conveniently leaves out the part that he was using "honoring" his son as a vehicle to repeat the false and debunked story by a political operative posing as a journalist that Trump called fallen soldiers suckers and losers which is what drew the rebuke.

Salfrog and Showtime Joe 2.0 like this.
  6. For you Star Wars fans

upload_2020-9-30_21-30-21.jpeg

Attached Files:

HFrog1999 and Salfrog like this.
  7. Or hanging out with KKK chapter leaders? Oh wait...

Showtime Joe 2.0 likes this.

8. Biden’s quotes are definitely troubling.
    That is an unfortunate picture for sure, but saying he was hanging out is a stretch. That was a picture at a campaign rally in WV. Not excusing the fact that the picture exists or that Byrd was a member of the KKK.
    What are your thoughts on trump losing the discrimination lawsuit and associated quotes or his quotes about the black accountants? How he treated the Central Park 5 or his constant attempts to push the racist birther crap?

9. It's incredibly telling when you have to go back 60 effing years to find a Democrat so explicitly racist (e.g. Byrd), and even then it's one that explicitly renounced those views what, 40+ years ago? It's honestly surprising to even see that argued with a straight face, I have a feeling the people that post nonsense like that realize how disingenuous it is and just do it to troll.

What Up Toad and TCUdirtbag like this.
  10. TCURiggs likes this.
  11. You might be correct.

Then again there is this quote from Trump about Epstein that raises some questions on what Trump did or didn’t know...

“He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

12. https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixg...-worry-in-2020/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

There is simply no historical evidence to support the claim that mail-in balloting is inaccurate and fraudulent. The Heritage Foundation, a right-wing think tank, set out to prove that voter fraud was widespread by looking at all the cases they could find state by state. To support the fraud story, they collected data that spanned decades during which millions of votes were cast and found only 1285 cases of voter fraud. We combed through the Heritage data to look specifically at voter fraud related to absentee and mail-in ballots. Here’s a summary:

Total cases involving absentee and/or mail ballots, or duplicate voting 309
    Cases generating 1 fraudulent vote 138
    Cases generating 2 or more fraudulent votes 162
    Timeframe of sample 1982-2018
    Ballots cast in sample period and states 1,826,807,464
    https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

TCUdirtbag likes this.
  13. Mail-in voting has never been performed on this grand of a scale.

Salfrog and Showtime Joe 2.0 like this.
  14. #1916 Bob Sugar, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    When I saw how statistically improbable it was I assumed I was reading the COVID thread.

15. Every voter in CO, OR, WA, and CA casts their vote by mail. Every deployed member of the armed forces does too. So yes, it’s regularly done on this scale. It’s not hard for other states its scale up and can be done quite safely. In fact, paper ballots mitigate the risk of hacking inherent in electronic systems.

Do you not realize the Republican Party is trying to delegitimize the election? Are you that dense? Republicans are ALREADY in courts in swing states across the country trying to get all sorts of ballots thrown out—hand delivered and verified, mailed, whatever. Hollering “rigged” and incorrectly telling their base that there is fraud in VBM. Trump spouting off that in-person voting is rigged. Encouraging his supporters to go intimidate people at the polls.

The whole exercise is pathetic and unamerican. And you have to be a complete hack to believe it. Trump and his closest advisors know he’s losing. And this is all they can do to try and change it. Because shutting down polling places, purging voter roles, changing the rules, and other awful voter suppression tactics they have implemented with “surgical precision” to suppress the votes of unfavorable demographic groups aren’t enough to win this one. They need to cheat more. Suppress thousands of more votes. It’s pathetic. And anyone who believes the lies is too.

What Up Toad, geezer and frogtwang like this.
  16. I simply don't remember newspaper stories (non editorial) including this much opinion.

First, the story description about falsely claiming credit (as you can see, the story says workers have been furloughed due to pandemic so that statement isn't quite correct - he took credit for job creation that has been stunted, which isn't the same as falsely taking credit). Then two comments about false claims.

I recall news stories objectively reporting, like "he made a claim" or even "a dubious claim ".

Screenshot_20201001-071629_Samsung Internet.jpg

17. I don’t think the question was about the proud boys - it was about denouncing white supremacists, which he fully understands. it’s a weak argument to claim ignorance.

18. sit this one out on my face.