1. The KillerFrogs

Election 2020

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by Bob Sugar, Aug 11, 2020.

1. trump simply owes sweat equity a few dollars

i mean who doesn't am i right?

TCURiggs and gohornedfrogs like this.
  2. [​IMG]

Showtime Joe 2.0 likes this.
  3. I feel like we should kill more people than that

4. don't wear a mask then, you'll kill thousands according to indkitchensink

5. [​IMG]

6. surprised it’s that low. hardly worth debating on capital punishment if we are only killing 25 deadbeats a year.

7. Death penalty is a bit of an outlier in that crosses political lines more than you’d think. Still a lot of partisanship ( I think roughly 70% of each party for their position) but not as much as the typical 95-5 split on most issues

8. Total number of prisoners on death row a/o April 1, 2020 = 2603

Top 3 states: CA, FL, TX

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-...ow Prisoners by State , 173 27 more rows

Long waiting list; lengthy appeals process.

Here's the flip side to the arguement:

[​IMG]

Showtime Joe 2.0 likes this.
  9. I am setting the O/U of "C'Mon Man" at 0.5.

Gimme the Over.

Mean Purple likes this.
  10. Regarding the electoral college debate last week, this is from 2016 but interesting chart near the bottom shows how the electoral college advantage can benefit both parties:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...olleges-republican-tilt-improves-his-chances/

Over time, the electoral college doesn't benefit red or blue states, or rural or urban. It's basically how many votes are wasted in red or blue states that results in the phenomenon. Right now Dems are "wasting" a lot of votes in Cali and the east coast. The solid red states, OTOH, are not nearly as populous. That could change over time.

This year thought to be about like 2016. Biden will need to be +3% in order to have a 50-50 chance of winning.

11. I'm not sure there's ever been a lower bar for a candidate in a debate than what Biden has to clear tonight. His is "prove that you don't have dementia". That's it.

And I'm not sure it matters if he doesn't clear it.

12. Yep, I think I said something similar a few weeks back. Spend a summer touting a candidate has dementia and all you do is lower expectations. Palin got the same benefit in 08 when the line for her was basically "Be smarter than a cartoon mouse named Pinky".

TCUdirtbag likes this.
  13. Yep, it could backfire.

I do think he is losing it though, I think that's fairly obvious. If he wins I'd put the odds of him serving his entire first term at about 1:5.

14. The scary thing is that polling, from June I believe, had 49% of democrats saying they didn't expect Biden to survive the 1st term. So they are essentially casting their ballot for a lady that won 0.0 delegates in the primary and is not particularly likeable.

15. Fixed that for you. Biden could have picked just about anyone any it wouldn't have made a lick of difference to those voters. Once the Dems nominated someone outside of their crazy wing, those voters are essentially voting for "the Democrat".

16. Speaking of age, whoever is the president will take over the mantle of oldest living president once Carter dies. Last current president to take that title on mid term is Nixon (Reagan took it over when he was inaugurated).

Trivia time. Only six presidents have had the distinction of being the only living President:

Washington, Adams, Grant, T Roosevelt, Hoover, and Nixon.