1. The KillerFrogs

Election 2020

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by Bob Sugar, Aug 11, 2020.

1. So Biden went for the Tuesday afternoon news dump and announced his VP pick as Harris within 30 minutes of the BIG 10 and PAC 12 announcing they are cancelling football. Solid strategy.

2. she's a wacko. buhbye biden

3. Heels Up Harris slept her way to where she is today

4. I should also add(this belongs in my conspiracy thread as well) that I believe the Jussie Smollett hoax was planned by Kamala/Booker to be a vehicle to launch their presidential campaigns.

5. What, the uber-conservatives here don't like the pick? Gotta say, that's a bit of a shock, innit?

ifrog, ftwfrog, FinanceFrog and 2 others like this.
  6. A lot of democrats dont like her either because of her record as a prosecutor

7. Do you like the pick?

I'm a conservative and I don't have much of an opinion one way or another. She's a mixed-race, non-caucasian woman so that fills two all-important boxes but other than that I don't know a lot about her.

8. I don't really care either way. I can't in good conscience vote for Biden and that wasn't really down to who his VP pick were.

Taking my personal voting out of it, in terms of election chances overall, frankly I'm not sure the VP pick matters all that much (this year may be a possible exception since Biden probably won't get 2 terms if elected, and might not even make it out of the first). I think he could have done a lot worse, Abrams and Warren come to mind.

9. Pick doesn't bother me. He limited his search to minority females. Of all of the other names out there, she's probably the most logical. Rice, Abrams, Bottoms, etc. would have been worse picks in my opinion.

That said, I honestly believe that Biden is going to have a problem turning out the black vote for him and this pick won't do much to help that, again, in my opinion. While I don't think she wanted any part of running under Biden, my worry was the slim chance that Michelle Obama would run, as that would have likely fired up the black vote.

My $0.02.

Salfrog and Showtime Joe 2.0 like this.
  10. Makes you wish there was a moderate party third option. An no, the libertarian is not it.

Salfrog, TxFrog1999 and Todd D. like this.
  11. Whether she matters much or not, she's going to be heard from a lot more than Biden up until the election.

12. She will carry the flag. Hope she laughs a lot.

13. [​IMG]

14. Give Joe a break. He'll be as old on election day as Reagan was when he left office. When he left office.

15. Damn, that is hard to believe. Can you imagine what shape he'd be in for a second term?

Bob Sugar likes this.
  16. #19 froginmn, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    He'd look like a dementia-ravaged pervert.

Oh wait, you said second term...

17. I think the interesting thing to track will be how major statewide races poll compared to the poll for the presidential election in that state. I mean right now, there are people out there who would throw eggs at your house if you have a Trump sign. I doubt they would care as much if you have a Cornyn sign.

So look at what 538 shows. It has Trump up by less than 1 point in Texas
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/texas/

But it has Cornyn up by anywhere from 6-15%, with most by double digits (save for one poll unrated by 538).
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/senate/texas/

So you have to ask yourself if there are really that many Cornyn supporters willingv to vote Biden or if the polls on the Presidential election are skewed. I tend to think the latter.

FinanceFrog likes this.