• The KillerFrogs

Ebbets Field Flannels - TCU football jersey

netty2424

With no reference to the university on the jersey, this would be best framed in a TCU collection with other TCU items. Otherwise no one would have a clue what it is.

Really cool to see it though. Would love to see more of these.

Leap Frog

Any ol' Fort Worth Cats fans? Search for them on the site. Cool.
As a runt, I was a "Knot Hole Gang" Cats fan. On Saturdays, we would meet at the Southside YMCA, and they would bus us to the game.
Saw several Cat players who made it to the bigs-- Duke Snider, Billy Hunter, Chico Carrasquel, Carl Erskine and Willard Ramsdell come to mind. Fun days for an urchin like me, and it didn't cost one red cent.

netty2424

I would like to know the process of how they choose which jerseys to replicate, how they even know what the jerseys looked like, etc.

Is there a TCU or college football archive that takes a jersey/helmet/uniform from each team each year, that can be accessed for reference?

Paint It Purple

I would like to know the process of how they choose which jerseys to replicate, how they even know what the jerseys looked like, etc.

Is there a TCU or college football archive that takes a jersey/helmet/uniform from each team each year, that can be accessed for reference?
I have a 1938 color team photo that was published in the Star Telegram. (framed and on my office wall) My uncle saved it and handed it down to me. He didn't go to TCU, they were just a really big deal back then, as were the likes of Princeton, Colgate, etc. The Alabamas of the day, not so much. Don't know how they colorized it for the newspaper, but it's the exact design featured above.