• The KillerFrogs

East Side Seating question

Js96

I was looking at purchasing tickets to the Texas game. My question is, if your on one of the top rows on the east side, does the new club seating above impede your view in any way?

mwe2187

You are not impeded from field view, you just lose a view of the video board. There are TV's that will enable you to see the content.

Lone Frog

I was looking at purchasing tickets to the Texas game. My question is, if your on one of the top rows on the east side, does the new club seating above impede your view in any way?

I sit in the top row of the east side. I can see the field just fine, but the new expansion completely blocks the view of the scoreboard. There are TVs up there, but whether or not you'll be able to see them is luck of the draw (I can't). The expansion also creates an echo which renders the stadium PA system unintelligible.

SuperBarrFrog

Just get seats a few rows lower, that way you can see the whole stadium. It’s gonna be late October so being in the shade shouldn’t be a big deal. I know I wouldn’t wanna stuck up under the overhang on a beautiful day.

HFrog12

I sit in the top row of the east side. I can see the field just fine, but the new expansion completely blocks the view of the scoreboard. There are TVs up there, but whether or not you'll be able to see them is luck of the draw (I can't). The expansion also creates an echo which renders the stadium PA system unintelligible.

That unfortunate to hear (no pun intended) about the PA system under the expansion. Moved my seats 4 rows from the top and SMU will be my first time sitting in them. Hopefully I was successful in my shade strategy, at least for part of the game. Looking forward to it!

Js96

Just get seats a few rows lower, that way you can see the whole stadium. It’s gonna be late October so being in the shade shouldn’t be a big deal. I know I wouldn’t wanna stuck up under the overhang on a beautiful day.
There’s really no lower seats available unless you go to the North East corner, but not sure we want to sit next to UT band

stbrab

That unfortunate to hear (no pun intended) about the PA system under the expansion. Moved my seats 4 rows from the top and SMU will be my first time sitting in them. Hopefully I was successful in my shade strategy, at least for part of the game. Looking forward to it!
You’ll be okay. I’m also 4 rows from the top and noticed no issues about the PA system. You’ll also be able to fully see the new scoreboard. Regarding the shade, I think you’ll be in the shade to start the game, but will lose it by halftime.

NewFrogFan

There’s really no lower seats available unless you go to the North East corner, but not sure we want to sit next to UT band

I will have the seats I have advertised on ticket forum for SMU game and as of right now not 1 reply. Since this isn’t the ticket forum I wont say the price but I am also not giving them away. You can get a good idea what they are today on SH. I have never sold tics on SH but selling reasonably priced tickets to TCU fans is not even close to easy. The ticket forum on this site has about 5% response rate for me.

thefrogking

I sit on the very back row on the NE side on about the 10 yard line. Love the seat but I can’t see the big scoreboard. I can read all the score, down and time info at the bottom of the screen but not the video portion. They provide TV monitors underneath the east side suites so I can still watch what is on the big screen that way. But if I wanted to see all of the big scoreboard I would need to be 2 or 3 rows further down.