• The KillerFrogs

East side addition

netty2424

Do construction companies just plan on no rain whatsoever during the time that they are building something when creating a timeline for completion? Seems like every major construction project gets delayed because of weather, as if extended periods of rain are something that no one around here could ever see coming at any time during the year.
Not disagreeing with you, but imagine presenting to TCU that you can get it done in 4 months, giving yourself padding for weather that may or may not happen. In the meantime 3-5 other companies saying they can get it done in 2 months. While 3-4 months is probably more accurate, 2 months is probably the more attractive pitch. Using arbitrary timeline of course, no idea what that timeline is/was going to be.

Q-Ball54

Do construction companies just plan on no rain whatsoever during the time that they are building something when creating a timeline for completion? Seems like every major construction project gets delayed because of weather, as if extended periods of rain are something that no one around here could ever see coming at any time during the year.

You tell me when all record breaking months of rain are coming when you hand me plans and specs and I’ll factor it in for you. Outside of that we use historical data which accounts from 3-5 days per month depending on the month on Texas.

It rains during the summer in Texas. When has that crap ever really happened.

Ron Swanson

Haha

I work in construction industry sales and almost every single project my customers are on is behind schedule at all times.

FrogLifeYo

Not disagreeing with you, but imagine presenting to TCU that you can get it done in 4 months, giving yourself padding for weather that may or may not happen. In the meantime 3-5 other companies saying they can get it done in 2 months. While 3-4 months is probably more accurate, 2 months is probably the more attractive pitch. Using arbitrary timeline of course, no idea what that timeline is/was going to be.
This happens a lot but it’s often cured by working bonus and penalty clauses into the contract. “Finish by X date...Make more money...Don’t finish by X date we get a discount”

lvnfw1

Does anyone know if there’s a plan to replace the smaller video board in the south end zone?

Seems like they could replace that one with the current video board in the north end zone easily enough.

Frogenstein

The North endzone video board is being moved to Lupton and the current Lupton video board is being moved to the soccer stadium.
I don’t think they are planning any upgrades to the south endzone video board.

HFrog12

Does anyone know if the east side addition includes a concourse at the top of the original east side? That way people at the top don't have to go all the way down to the bottom concourse. I am willing to bet the answer is no but would like confirmation. Would be pretty awesome if they engineered it to incorporate that.

I know that east side deck isn't that tall but I am sure it would have alleviated the density at ground level. Especially if people didn't want to head down to simply grab a water or pretzel or something from a simple vendor.

TCUdirtbag

Does anyone know if the east side addition includes a concourse at the top of the original east side? That way people at the top don't have to go all the way down to the bottom concourse. I am willing to bet the answer is no but would like confirmation. Would be pretty awesome if they engineered it to incorporate that.

I know that east side deck isn't that tall but I am sure it would have alleviated the density at ground level. Especially if people didn't want to head down to simply grab a water or pretzel or something from a simple vendor.

It does not

TCUdirtbag

Does anyone know if there’s a plan to replace the smaller video board in the south end zone?

Seems like they could replace that one with the current video board in the north end zone easily enough.

There is not. Current board wouldn’t fit in the space anyway.

stbrab

It does not
I understand the addition is not supposed to eliminate any of the current seats on the east side. Is that still true? Also, how far out towards the field will the addition extend? It seems that many of the existing top rows will now be covered.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Maybe they could use the smaller board to have all of the up to date game statistics where we could see them better. 1st downs, rushing yds, passing yards, turnovers, penalty yds. etc.
Great suggestion!

Those stats are on a board at field level and are always obscured by the Froghorn and the host of people standing around back there...