• The KillerFrogs

Ease My Fears

Deep Purple

Now you’re really being pedantic!!
false-accusations-false-accusations-everywhere.jpg

Chongo94

Where small details are critical to proper understanding, small details are important.

Where small details add no meaning because of familiar expression or widespread usage, it’s pedantic. Serves no purpose except to make the pedant feel superior.

I don’t agree with this at all. It’s not being pedantic, it’s pointing out the CORRECT usage. By allowing people to believe that what they are saying is fine or correct or a familiar expression is just another way of slowly giving in to the continued dumbing down of the collective intelligence of society.

Anyway, back to the O-Line discussion, some of this has helped ease my concerns but it will remain my biggest worry heading into the season until we get to see eyes on their play.

Raw Frog

Let me chip this in.
*All of our projected OL guys have either had some actual game experience, or have been in the program for years now.
*They are all over 300 pounds and are as strong as an ox.
*We have a good OL coach that is paid to teach fundamentals, among other things. He has had them in his program now for more than a year.
*Our O is the same type of O as it's been for several years now. There is nothing new to learn.
*Everyone has had game type experience in practice ad nauseam.
*The only thing holding our OL back is the unknown. If they want it, they can achieve success.

Deep Purple

I don’t agree with this at all. It’s not being pedantic, it’s pointing out the CORRECT usage. By allowing people to believe that what they are saying is fine or correct or a familiar expression is just another way of slowly giving in to the continued dumbing down of the collective intelligence of society.
So every time someone says “ain’t” or “irregardless” or “whupped,” you correct them as part of your crusade against dumbing down the collective intelligence of society.

You must be a real laugh-riot at parties.

Chongo94

So every time someone says “ain’t” or “irregardless” or “whupped,” you correct them as part of your crusade against dumbing down the collective intelligence of society.

You must be a real laugh-riot at parties.

Yes. Of course I do because you know, of course every single rational person does that at every single opportunity.

And dude....pot meet kettle.

Last edited:

Wexahu

Let me chip this in.
*All of our projected OL guys have either had some actual game experience, or have been in the program for years now.
*They are all over 300 pounds and are as strong as an ox.
*We have a good OL coach that is paid to teach fundamentals, among other things. He has had them in his program now for more than a year.
*Our O is the same type of O as it's been for several years now. There is nothing new to learn.
*Everyone has had game type experience in practice ad nauseam.
*The only thing holding our OL back is the unknown. If they want it, they can achieve success.

And I don’t think the offense we run stresses great OL play as much as some. In fact, I think it was initially designed by coaches who were trying to lessen the impact great D-lines can have in shutting down an offense.

Deep Purple

Yes. Of course I do because you know, of course every single rational person does that at every single opportunity.

And dude....pot meet kettle.
Dude, I didn’t try to justify correcting somebody over “could care less.” All that exists here is the kettle.

tcufrogprince1

Yoose guys are hilarious. This should be a category fora kfc forum awards. Either the far south award for how off topic one post can get or the grammar police award for most corrections in one post.

Froginbedford

i am just waiting for the reply when one of our grammar police diagram another poster's reply

"...one of our grammar police diagram another poster's reply."
"One" is singular and requires a singular verb--"diagramS"--"police" is not the noun, but rather the object of the preposition "of."

You don't have to wait any longer. :)

Don't often do this, but it was just too much of a temptation not to do so.

I've put on my asbestos big boy briefs, so flame away, anyone/everyone....

diagramming-sentences-diagram_109344.png