• The KillerFrogs

Ease My Fears

Deep Purple

For all those who live for the opportunity to gang- pounce on anyone who says “could care less,” here’s a new word:

Pedantic (adj) - stodgy obsession with narrow detail over actual meaning; dull; unimaginative; focused on the petty rather than the important.

jake102

Song is fine. Issues go way beyond normal stuff.

Definitely worried about OL play. We seem to whiff on transfer OL pretty badly.

FrogLifeYo

We need to find 7 - 8 OL. If McKinney is who we hope he is, He and Niang could have a great 2 year run at the Tackle spots. We have far more issues to solve on the interior. The whole league is following TCUs lead and getting bigger in the middle of their defense. I know we have question marks but I’m optimistic..I don’t know how they’ll hold up against OSU but it should get them ready for conference play. At least on paper, we really don’ face any great DLs in conference. Of course few thought our front would be as good as it was last year.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Back to the original question, the O-Line will be fine, but will require a couple of games to begin to figure out how they'll work as a unit. The only issue is that Ohio State is our third game, once we can get past them I think we'll be fine for the rest of the year.

TCU got the best OL coach that fits TCU offense. This is not a coach that they pulled from another position, no, this was an outside hire specifically for the OL and this style offense.

Chris Thomsen not only has been a OL coach for most of his career. He has been a head coach and assistant head coach for some teams that play the same offense as TCU today at high level. Thomsen turned the ACU program into a perennial contender in Div. II, he coached five different Sun Devil linemen to All-Pac 12 recognition, he coached Texas Tech to a bowl game win, TCU is his Alma Mater which means he has skin in the game.

TCU has a real OL coach and I expect it to show. Plus, I trust Cumbie wants to one of the best which means he has to show his offense can produce. His first year calling the plays and being THE OC was a 11 win season. Pretty good year away from Doug Meacham. Sonny Dykes was a good mentor. This is Cumbie's beginning when he starts making a name for himself.

Sebastian S

We are O-line U.

With-the-164th-pick-in-the-draft-the-Eagles-select-OL-Halapoulivaati-Vaitai.-Welcome-to-Philadelphia.jpg

Deep Purple

I could agree with you more.
Where small details are critical to proper understanding, small details are important.

Where small details add no meaning because of familiar expression or widespread usage, it’s pedantic. Serves no purpose except to make the pedant feel superior.

frogs9497

Where small details are critical to proper understanding, small details are important.

Where small details add no meaning because of familiar expression or widespread usage, it’s pedantic. Serves no purpose except to make the pedant feel superior.
I think you’re being pedantic.

Deep Purple

I think you’re being pedantic.
Same tactic as accusing someone who changes his views as being a hypocrite. It sure suckers in the shallow thinkers.

But mature thinkers understand, “That’s not hypocrisy. A hypocrite exempts himself from the same moral standards he holds everybody else accountable for. Changing your views isn’t hypocritical, it’s intellectual growth.”

Same story with those who think noting pedantry is pedantic.

frogs9497

Same tactic as accusing someone who changes his views as being a hypocrite. It sure suckers in the shallow thinkers.

But mature thinkers understand, “That’s not hypocrisy. A hypocrite exempts himself from the same moral standards he holds everybody else accountable for. Changing your views isn’t hypocritical, it’s intellectual growth.”

Same story with those who think noting pedantry is pedantic.
Now you’re really being pedantic!!