• The KillerFrogs

Early Full 2019 Football Season Game by Game Odds

LeagueCityFrog

Someone on here said that Purdue is returning their 5th year QB for a 6th year or something like that. Is that true, is Purdue's starting quarterback from last year playing again this year?

Bottom line is this, Arkansas had better athletes every year. If TCU can go into to Fayetteville and win convincingly then they better get it done in West Lafayette on a game the may be on ESPN 2 that weekend.

ticketfrog123

Someone on here said that Purdue is returning their 5th year QB for a 6th year or something like that. Is that true, is Purdue's starting quarterback from last year playing again this year?

Bottom line is this, Arkansas had better athletes every year. If TCU can go into to Fayetteville and win convincingly then they better get it done in West Lafayette on a game the may be on ESPN 2 that weekend.

No their starter graduated. This guy was the always-injured backup that hasn’t played much time since 2017 I think.

Reinjured his knee that sidelined him in 2017. TBD if he’ll be ready by Fall or what the extent is

Froggish

Believe that was Rondell Moore. I think he's their only returner worth a damn. Certainly an impressive player, but I don't see him destroying our defense without another threat on offense to keep us honest. They move him all over the field to get him the ball, but we have enough speed everywhere to keep him in check. Also, as amazing as he was in some games (tOSU in particular) he seemed to disappear at other times, which proves he can be contained. IIRC he was a freshman last year, though, so he definitely may improve.

Moore will be working against a couple of corners in Gladney and Lewis who might be the best Purdue sees all year..That will play a role. Not to mention GP has had a great track record taking away a teams best weapon. He’ll make one of those unproven commodities beat us. Brohm is an exciting offensive mind so I expect a close low scoring game. I don’t know that we will have the offense figured out at that point.

LVH

These lines look WILDLY inflated...

-69.5 vs Pine Bluff? Are you kidding? I’ve never seen a line that high...and Bama plays an FCS team at least once a year.

-5.5 vs Purdue is at least a point-and-a-half higher than what it will actually be. And I’d argue we actually see closer to 2 or 3.

I can go down the list but it’s be a waste of time. Suffice to say these won’t reflect anything close to the lines we’ll actually get.

Pine Bluff was the worst rated FCS team in all of Sagarin last year, and lost to South Dakota State 90-7

not all FCS teams are created equal. SWAC teams are terrible even for FCS standards. Bama never plays SWAC teams, they play teams like Citadel who comes from one of the better FCS conferences and reguarly makes the FCS playoffs.

We were 64 point favorites 2 years ago against Jackson State, who I think won their division in the SWAC that year. Oklahoma State and Florida State both took the field as 70 point favorites against Savannah State in 2012 and 2014, Savannah State those years were as bad as this Pine Bluff team will be

As far as Purdue goes they are getting hit in their baseline metrics/loss of returning production metrics.

Froggish

Purdue appears to be the front runner for Michigan Grad Transfer QB Brandon Peters. He was the guy who got demoted when Shea Patterson transferred in. That would indicate they may not be satisified with their current 6 yr of eligibility guy

ticketfrog123

Purdue appears to be the front runner for Michigan Grad Transfer QB Brandon Peters. He was the guy who got demoted when Shea Patterson transferred in. That would indicate they may not be satisified with their current 6 yr of eligibility guy

Peters’ family or somebody came out and said the Purdue stuff was not true. His girlfriend goes there and his sister may play a sport there, can’t remember details.

Odd he hasn’t announced a transfer spot yet.

Bob Sugar

Do not ask where I got these, just be glad I am posting them.
jAH8nXD.png

Non TCU games of interest:

LSU -7.5 at Texas
Houston +31.5 at Oklahoma
Oklahoma -8 at UCLA
Iowa PK at Iowa State
West Virginia +17.5 at Missouri
NC State -1.5 at West Virginia
Kansas State +19.5 at Mississippi State
Texas Tech +1.5 at Arizona
Oklahoma State -14.5 at Oregon State
Kansas +18 at Boston College