• The KillerFrogs

E-Sports

Atom

I've seen that Baylor has an E-sports team. Would that be a good idea for TCU? I don't know much about it. Is it considered a true sport similar to the others or is it like a club team? Seems like it would be a pretty small capital investment comparably that could accommodate men and women.

In some future time frame, I can see it being a major "sport". It's already a big deal on an international level.

I took my two boys to a "SmashCon" convention when they were about 8 and 12. These "fans" (and it was about 95% male) literally sit and watch other guys play Smash Brothers Brawl. Apparently there are "famous" players who come to sign autographs. Biggest gathering of nerd I've ever seen. The only plus was one of the booths selling some gaming crap had a chick who looked like a real-life anime girl.

Bob Sugar

I took my two boys to a "SmashCon" convention when they were about 8 and 12. These "fans" (and it was about 95% male) literally sit and watch other guys play Smash Brothers Brawl. Apparently there are "famous" players who come to sign autographs. Biggest gathering of nerd I've ever seen. The only plus was one of the booths selling some gaming crap had a chick who looked like a real-life anime girl.
CarefreePlayfulEastrussiancoursinghounds-max-1mb.gif

ticketfrog123

I completely agree with this, and I am what most people would consider a "gamer" in that I heavily play PC games.

However, I am under no delusion that what I do is a sport.

I don’t consider equestrian or rifle a sport due to lack of physical exertion and more of a hobby category...could argue same for e-sports