• The KillerFrogs

Duvernay update......

Big12Fan

Sucks he didn't pick TCU. From every thing I read online, kids really like Charlie Strong. I think Strong is a good coach and will finally get them back to bowling. The question is, will 7 wins be enough to keep his job?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
DelFrog said:
Duvernay obviously has a mindset similar to the CFP selection committee, in that he prefers name recognition over quality football, 
Interesting theory except that he picked BAYLOR first. Isn't that the opposite of name recognition?

TX_Krötenechse

You guys all sound ridiculous. This was one of the top receivers in the country and would have been the highest rated recruit ever to come to TCU. You would all be soiling yourselves in excitement if he had committed here.

This kid kept his head down and didn't draw it out, didn't tease and flip and waver. Lots of respect for the way he handled it.

I'm positive he chose UT because he can be an immediate starter there. No knock on us, just more room to shine in their program. I hope he plays really well 11/12 games of each season.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
TCURiggs said:

I just don't get it

gorilla-walking-away-gif.gif
This gif is awesome. Kills me. Well done.

maximilian

Great player, would have started for us eventually. Going to a team with no established offensive identity.

And for the Shaggy crootin' guys scoping this thread out for tears, there are none. 98-17 says it all. We may have been in a similar offensive boat 2 years ago, but we didn't have our hopes resting on a true freshman QB and an OC who wasn't even taught the entire Briles system. UT pondering about TCU QB's is rich when they haven't had one since Colt McCoy.

Remember, no realistic TCU fan thought the turn-around would happen that quickly. Results are not typical. Horns biting the curb on Black Friday yet again is more likely. The rest of the year, I hope they improve and quit embarrassing the B12.

Froglaw

I always have mixed emotions when a player has it down to TCU and ut, OU, Baylor, USC, etc. and he almost inevitably chooses the NOT TCU option.

I have to remind myself that when a player has visited TCU and seen a CGP practice, he is either going to say:

1.  This program will challenge me and I will be better because of it; or

2.  I won't have to work this hard and I'll still start at ut, OU, Baylor, USC, etc.

If he is not choosing TCU because of option 1, then he is better off at ut, OU, Baylor, USC, etc. and so is TCU.

Lastly, if Duvernay really did choose ut because his girlfriend goes there, then that was the right choice because his New Years Eves will be available for his full devotion to her.

DaCrief

Jerome K said:
You serious Cark! Real question, I hadn't heard that till now (I'm not plugged in like many of you) just curious if this is sour grapes?
He's kidding. Nobody cooled. We lost another big fish. Hope we can beat smu.

TX_Krötenechse

Froglaw said:
I always have mixed emotions when a player has it down to TCU and ut, OU, Baylor, USC, etc. and he almost inevitably chooses the NOT TCU option.

I have to remind myself that when a player has visited TCU and seen a CGP practice, he is either going to say:

1.  This program will challenge me and I will be better because of it; or

2.  I won't have to work this hard and I'll still start at ut, OU, Baylor, USC, etc.

If he is not choosing TCU because of option 1, then he is better off at ut, OU, Baylor, USC, etc. and so is TCU.

Lastly, if Duvernay really did choose ut because his girlfriend goes there, then that was the right choice because his New Years Eves will be available for his full devotion to her.
Pretty dumb to suggest that the only reason a kid would choose another program is that he doesn't want to work hard.

TCU_backer

It seriously pisses me off when we turn on a kid because he did not pick us. That is so Baylor and Aggyesque. We are not those loser programs. We didn't get him... We move on. There are a lot of other kids out there. Keep it all in perspective.

micahjh

TX_Krötenechse said:
You guys all sound ridiculous. This was one of the top receivers in the country and would have been the highest rated recruit ever to come to TCU. You would all be soiling yourselves in excitement if he had committed here.

This kid kept his head down and didn't draw it out, didn't tease and flip and waver. Lots of respect for the way he handled it.

I'm positive he chose UT because he can be an immediate starter there. No knock on us, just more room to shine in their program. I hope he plays really well 11/12 games of each season.
the "Jonathan Gray commits to UT" thread from 3 years ago called. It wants its comment back.

Old Timer

If TCU wants a player, recruits/offers him, and he picks another school, for whatever reason, the last thing I'm going to do is wish him luck and hope he has a good life. Darn him.

You are either in or your out as far as TCU is concerned. If you are out, then, by Gawd, you are out. There is no middle.

berryfrog95

Buechele recruited him hard before he chose Baylor. Buechele potentially starter now after spring ball shows some signs of stability...

Also, wonder if UT will extend offer to his brother.....seems like that has to be in the equation?

I agree with TCU_Backer. Kid is A+ football athlete. UT got a good one.

However the only thing I hate about losing a recruit to UT is all the TCU fans that grew up UT fans and are now TCU fans but huge UT apologists and in these moments come out of the woodwork.

I think this commit was about his girlfriend at UT more than any reason, not because of how great UT is or how open they are in the WR spot. The kid would of been 1st string anywhere.

I don't trust UT and don't think they have to be great for Big 12 to have respect I think championships earn respect. Getting in the finals gets respect like Clemson who is not a tradional power but now is becoming an elite football school by winning and through that ACC gains clout.

Sometimes I believe if UT left the Big 12 for Pac-12 or Big 10 the TCU UT apologist would come out and say "Well, they are the big university so oh well...they deserve the big money...". I don't trust UT when they go Ole Miss style in February or they are talking about how satisfied they are with current situations. Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, and A&M never trusted them either.

But good for UT. I do want all Big 12 schools to be playing at a high level for conference strength and this commit upgraded UT. But hate to see talent go there over TCU. Lots of talent to be had though and as CGP said he has won against tougher teams with less. It's probably what TCU will always have to do, beat teams with hard work, commitment to team, and heart/character (the Frog Factor).