• The KillerFrogs

Duggan out for at least part of the year

Mean Purple

What part of congenital heart disease are you not understanding. Myocarditiis does not cause valvular disease. I know that t the concept of it being Covid related was just a bad joke but it really was unfunny. People this complication may be quite serious so I would not take it as something to make light of or be political about.
Is this the condition that folks would not even know they have unless a it is revealed during exam on another issue or a scan os done, etc?

Had a friend who got hit out of nowhere due to that.

Mean Purple

What a terrible blow for Max. Something tells me we won’t be playing this year even if he recovers fully if this is a heart related issue with the covid risk being out there. I would think the family and the staff would want to protect him from that potential risk.

It’s a blessing that this condition was caught during covid testing/screening. An undiagnosed serious heart (if it is in fact heart related) condition could be deadly.

We’re riding with Mr. Downing at the helm so hopefully he’ll end up surprising everyone (in a good way).
Feel for the kid. Would seem unlikely he returns this year.

He won’t be back ever it appears.

If it’s a heart valve he will need an operation and football will be over for good. Initial reports indicate that’s what it may be.

He was born with it. It ain’t gonna heal. He will need extremely serious and very major heart surgery if that’s what it is.

Can’t play football with bad heart valve.

Not certain that is the problem but guessing it is. If so he is done permanently. Very very sad !!

Mean Purple

For having all those good QBs it would have been nice to actually see good QB play. It's been years now, and it needs to get fixed (injuries or no injuries) or this program isn't going anywhere. If there was ever a year to say "we're going to find out how good of a coach Cumbie is", this might be it, but it seems like we've said that before.
SC better produce soon. Max was thrown to the wolves last year, but he is a gamer.
Who behind him could be as good as Max was in just his freshman year?

Eli Williams has the tools to step in if Downing goes down.

Stephon Brown ain’t the answer. Think Foster Sawyer when you think of Brown. Think of a raw, younger Trevone Boykin when you think of Eli.

Eli can play ball. Brown cant.

If Tcu can struggle thru this yr with Downing and Williams, the 2021 guy (Battle) is another big time potential guy. Battle will be an upgrade from Williams and Williams will be very good.

Mean Purple

The QB position does seem to be cursed for TCU since about the time we joined the Big 12. Look at the QB recruits we’ve offered scholarships to:

2012- Tyler Matthews (Bust)
2012- Austin Aune (Baseball)
2013- Zach Allen (Bust)
2014- Foster Sawyer (Bust)
2014- Grayson Muehlstein (Bust)
2015- N/A
2016- Brennan Wooten (Bust)
2017- Shawn Robinson (Bust)
2018- Justin Rogers (Injuries)
2019- Max Duggan (Health issue?)
2020- Stephon Brown (?)
2020- Eli Williams (Position change?)

Transfers we offered scholarships to haven’t been much better

Matt Joekel (Injuries)
Kenny Hill (Good long term Starter)
Michael Collins (Injuries)
Alex Delton (Bust)
Michael Baldwin (Injuries)
Would they have developed under SC anyway? Kenny came in as a gamer. TB2 was a freak and they designed to his skill.

McFroggin

Do we have any qb's behind him who are at the level that a Power 5 winning qb should be?
Or are we in the same boat as before? (If the same boat, then SC's recruiting would seem to need scrutiny.)

no. We are bone dry at QB. Downing was a walk-on, and he is now our only remote option. I’d consider options below equal to Muehlstein.