• The KillerFrogs

Duggan out for at least part of the year

LeagueCityFrog

Stinks. Downing is an excellent quarterback from everything I heard from practice last year. He got to play in four games at Georgia as a true freshman behind Jake Fromm and Justin Fields and comes from a legit Georgia high school power Alpharetta where he was all district and the district champ both seasons. It will make a great story when we win the Big XII championship this year with all the problems OU is having and we have SIX of our ten games at home this year. Go Frogs!

There is talent all over this team and we have possibly fixed our offensive coaching issues.

Have hope and remember the Alamo....Bowl...

Wexahu

Stinks. Downing is an excellent quarterback from everything I heard from practiceast year. He got to play in four games at Georgia as a true freshman behind Jake Fromm and Justin Fields and comes from a legit Georgia high school power Alpharetta where he was all district and the district champ both seasons. It will make a great story when we win the Big XII championship this year with all the problems OU is having and we have SIX of our ten games at home this year. Go Frogs!

There is talent all over this team and we have possibly fixed our offensive coaching issues.

Have hope and remember the Alamo....Bowl...

From what I have heard, all Downing has ever done is exceed expectations. Never seen him play but I have a hunch he’s a gamer and isn’t going to be too bad.

jake102

I had someone telling me last year that if we had to use him we'd be just fine. The major issue IMO is how scheissed we appear to be if he gets hurt.

It was the problem coming into the season. Duggan and Downing should never be your 1-2 with a GIANT drop off afterwards. Both young guys who are basically unproven... and if one goes down, you get reallllllly nervous. Someone messaged me and said they've heard it's a total disaster after Downing at QB, think Muehlstein or worse

Wexahu

I had someone telling me last year that if we had to use him we'd be just fine. The major issue IMO is how scheissed we appear to be if he gets hurt.

Honestly don’t know if he’s still a walk on, but walk ons don’t get high up on the depth charts in college football unless they can really play. It just doesn’t work that way, scholarship kids always get preference.

jake102

Honestly don’t know if he’s still a walk on, but walk ons don’t get high up on the depth charts in college football unless they can really play. It just doesn’t work that way, scholarship kids always get preference.

I believe he got his scholarship, but your point still stands

westoverhillbilly

If there is a year to be a transition team, this is the one. This may be the year that some team like Tech wins their first conference championship in 60+ years- who knows?

DelFrog

Anyone know anything relative to Downing’s durability while at Alpharetta HS and during his Fr season at UGA? Hopefully he was durable, as it may be that the only real hope of getting any productivity from the QB position this year resides with Mr. Downing.

Below is a link to Downing's highlights in the three 2017 playoff games and regular season games while at Alpharetta HS.

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/matthew-downing/L10QNyRWEeS00gAmVebEWg/default.htm

Moose Stuff

He is on scholarship. And yeah, kid saw the field as a true freshman walk-on at Georgia. He's gonna be OK.

ftwfrog

The QB position does seem to be cursed for TCU since about the time we joined the Big 12. Look at the QB recruits we’ve offered scholarships to:

2012- Tyler Matthews (Bust)
2012- Austin Aune (Baseball)
2013- Zach Allen (Bust)
2014- Foster Sawyer (Bust)
2014- Grayson Muehlstein (Bust)
2015- N/A
2016- Brennan Wooten (Bust)
2017- Shawn Robinson (Bust)
2018- Justin Rogers (Injuries)
2019- Max Duggan (Health issue?)
2020- Stephon Brown (?)
2020- Eli Williams (Position change?)

Transfers we offered scholarships to haven’t been much better

Matt Joekel (Injuries)
Kenny Hill (Good long term Starter)
Michael Collins (Injuries)
Alex Delton (Bust)
Michael Baldwin (Injuries)
If we had Kenny Hill production the last two years we’d have been fighting for a conference championship. Dude was underrated and under appreciated.

Mean Purple

Do we have any qb's behind him who are at the level that a Power 5 winning qb should be?
Or are we in the same boat as before? (If the same boat, then SC's recruiting would seem to need scrutiny.)

Latest posts