• The KillerFrogs

Duggan is beginning to remind me of another ginger QB

Jackson

Andy was more of an opportunistic runner who could get 5-10 yards when needed IMO.

I'll probably get dragged for this, but I think Max is more of an upgraded Kenny Hill in terms of play style than he is Dalton. Max is so competitive and uses his legs as a primary weapon with a much better arm than Hill.
As you’d expected.....and deserve. Comparing Max to Kenny Hill......sure I see it.
They both wore purple....that’s where it ends!
Max started as a true freshman and had a solid year. Now a Soph he has made the major improvement many of us thought he would.
Kenny Hill was the best TCU had during his starting tenure, but Max is soon to be one of the greatest to ever wear Purple.

JugbandFrog

As you’d expected.....and deserve. Comparing Max to Kenny Hill......sure I see it.
They both wore purple....that’s where it ends!
Max started as a true freshman and had a solid year. Now a Soph he has made the major improvement many of us thought he would.
Kenny Hill was the best TCU had during his starting tenure, but Max is soon to be one of the greatest to ever wear Purple.
Max has way better fundamentals. Less throws off his back foot. He also seems to SEE trouble, and avoid it, which is why we don’t see a lot of deep throws. With teams not having to worry as much about our oline blocking, they can drop i to coverage, but this does open up running lanes for Max, which he is well able to take advantage of.

sdfrog

With his run game, strong arm, and good decisions it really struck me yesterday that he’s a lot like Andy Dalton was at TCU. Perhaps even faster.

It’s funny you’d say that. I thought the same thing when he tried to fire one into a window in the end zone and it was tipped. Andy used to pull that as a freshman and sophomore. By the time he was a junior, he was a master of high probability plays. Max is getting there. You can’t pull the same stuff you got away with in high school. Never miss the open RB in the flat!

CardFrog

Max has some solid weapons on offense that are admittedly young but the future is bright for this group. It was good to see Max slide after some of his runs because it seemed like last year he would not go down and took some punishing hits that were unnecessary.

4th. down

With his run game, strong arm, and good decisions it really struck me yesterday that he’s a lot like Andy Dalton was at TCU. Perhaps even faster.

Dalton perfected the slide. This is Max's 2nd. year and compared to Andy's, Max is better - better arm and much quicker and he will still be a soph. next year. Boykin was more athletic than Andy and Max is as athletic as Boykin. He doesn't have the moves of Boykin but he's quicker.

ifrog

Andy was more of an opportunistic runner who could get 5-10 yards when needed IMO.

I'll probably get dragged for this, but I think Max is more of an upgraded Kenny Hill in terms of play style than he is Dalton. Max is so competitive and uses his legs as a primary weapon with a much better arm than Hill.

Max did throw off his back foot once in the Texas game so yeah.

But seriously, we have something special in Duggan. And what a blessing for him to be back.