• The KillerFrogs

Drug arrests on and around campus

JurisFrog

Dear heavens you people.

The kid's life is falling apart. He went to bed last night thinking all was well, living the life of a college football player. He wakes up this morning and his life is forever altered for the worse. Hopes of an NFL career are shattered, his chances of getting a college degree seriously diminished. He will be a felon. He will never vote again. He may go to prison, or may not, but he will have a hard time finding a job for the rest of his life. There are scores of jobs that will never be open to him at all.

He's let down his family, friends, coaches, teammates, university. He may pull out of this and have a productive life but he can't see that now.

And then he comes out of the jailhouse and reporters are screaming questions at him, and his emotions are swirling and he's just dying inside. So he yells f-off or somesuch. I'd probably lose it too if I was 20 years old.

What he did was wrong, terribly stupid, and against everything he has been taught by his family and coaches. But let's not pile on. Let's have a bit of maturity and perspective. My heart breaks for him and his family.

cdsfrog

Dear heavens you people.

The kid's life is falling apart. He went to bed last night thinking all was well, living the life of a college football player. He wakes up this morning and his life is forever altered for the worse. Hopes of an NFL career are shattered, his chances of getting a college degree seriously diminished. He will be a felon. He will never vote again. He may go to prison, or may not, but he will have a hard time finding a job for the rest of his life. There are scores of jobs that will never be open to him at all.

He's let down his family, friends, coaches, teammates, university. He may pull out of this and have a productive life but he can't see that now.

And then he comes out of the jailhouse and reporters are screaming questions at him, and his emotions are swirling and he's just dying inside. So he yells f-off or somesuch. I'd probably lose it too if I was 20 years old.

What he did was wrong, terribly stupid, and against everything he has been taught by his family and coaches. But let's not pile on. Let's have a bit of maturity and perspective. My heart breaks for him and his family.

My heart breaks for all those he hurt but not for him. He made the decision and deserves to deal with the consequences: Explusion, Jail, and possibly no NFL.

Meanie 23

My heart breaks for all those he hurt but not for him. He made the decision and deserves to deal with the consequences: Explusion, Jail, and possibly no NFL.
Completely agree. I do not feel one ounce of sympathy for those who have brought this shame to our school.

Army Frog Fan

Dear heavens you people.

Agree with all except the NFL part. If he can play, what he did will not deter teams. (see, e.g., Jones, Adam "Pacman;" Lewis, Ray; Little, Leonard, Stallworth, Dante)

Mike Brooks

... Explusion, Jail, and possibly no NFL.
This made me LOL. You are correct. Degree path is screwed. Jail a stark possibility. However, the NFL will definitely overlook the drug dealing if he can man one of those outside LB spots in the 4/3 which I believe he can.

I wonder what he thought he failed the test for. Herb, pain killers, etc. Oh well. What a waste.

f_399

only red a few of the affidavits but some of the amounts in grams almost guarantees some, if not most of them jail time

cdsfrog

This made me LOL. You are correct. Degree path is screwed. Jail a stark possibility. However, the NFL will definitely overlook the drug dealing if he can man one of those outside LB spots in the 4/3 which I believe he can.

I wonder what he thought he failed the test for. Herb, pain killers, etc. Oh well. What a waste.

Depends on his jail sentence.

3 counts of more than 1/4 ounce is punishable by 180 days to 2 years in deal per offense. Either way if we magically gets little prison time he is looking at 6th to 7th round, and 3-4 million less at best.

Army Frog Fan

Depends on his jail sentence.

3 counts of more than 1/4 ounce is punishable by 180 days to 2 years in deal per offense. Either way if we magically gets little prison time he is looking at 6th to 7th round, and 3-4 million less at best.

Yeah. Then he'd have to "struggle by" with a rookie minimum salary of $375k, a 2nd year minimum of $450k, and a 3d year minimum of $525k.

BoydAveFrogFan

only red a few of the affidavits but some of the amounts in grams almost guarantees some, if not most of them jail time
Non will go to prison over this. We are talking grams, not lbs. Most were busted for selling $25 dollar bags of pot. BFG. This was not a drug ring. Just a bunch of tcu students that had warrents served on same day.