1. The KillerFrogs

Drink Recipe: Horned Frog Margarita

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by TxFrog1999, Jul 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I mentioned this in another thread, but this is my wife's favorite Margarita recipe:

In a 12-16oz glass...
    • 5oz of Sweet and Sour mix (use light if you're making a skinny Rita)
    In a shaker (shaker is optional, but recommended, you can just add to the glass and stir)...
    • 1oz of Triple Sec
    • 1.5oz of Raspberry liqueur (Dekuyper Razzmatazz or Chambord if going top shelf)
    • 2-3oz of Tequila (I prefer 1800, but Jose Cuervo Silver is a decent bottom shelf pick)
    Shake well and pour in to the glass, add ice, and stir.

2. Do you shake with the Sweet and Sour? Or add the shaken ingredients afterwards?

3. Add it afterwards.

4. So you've got almost equal parts tequila and liqueurs (Orange and Rasberry)? Doesn't over power it? I notice if I put too much orange (whether cheap triple Sec or Cointreau/Grand Marnier) it dominates the Margi.

5. Is it purple?

Horny4TCU likes this.
  6. No it doesn’t dominate as the triple sec is really a background note in the drink.

InstaFrog likes this.
  7. Depends on the raspberry liqueur used. If you use Razzmatazz it’s pretty deep purple, Chambord is closer to the old Lavendar unis

Salfrog, Frognosticator and Horny4TCU like this.
  8. I make a margarita called the Pink Panty Dropper (mainly due to the pink color of the drink, not the panties, those can be any color).

2 oz Lime Juice
    3/4 oz Triple Sec
    3/4 oz Grand Marnier
    2 oz Tequila
    1 oz Agave Nectar
    2 oz Blood Orange Juice
    Shake and serve on the rocks

Optional: Top Shelf Tequila Float (my personal favorite is adding Don Julio Reposado, most ladies opt out of the float, but the ones that don't are keepers).

Salfrog likes this.