• The KillerFrogs

"Dream-Team" Pick-6 Pack

tcujsauce

So tonight I made a trip to Central Market to pick me up a pick 6 pack, as I do about once a month. I like to try out new beers, so I usually try to grab some that I haven't had yet, along with one of my favorites. Today's selections were:

• Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse (this one was one of my previous favorites... I do enjoy a good wheat beer)
  • Pyramid Apricot Ale
  • Wells Banana Bread Ale
  • Magic Hat "Ourtoberfest"
  • Tommyknockers Butt Head Bock
  • Rahr's Oktoberfest

So, my question is.... If you could put together your dream team 6 pack, what would be included?

UnderToad

Flying Dog Raging [female dog]

Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA

Stone "14th Anniversary" Imperial IPA

Oskar Blues Gordon Ale

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Victory Hop Wallop

VictoryLap

North coast pranqster
ommegang Hennepin
new Belgium trippel ale
fransiskaner hefeweizen
north coast brother thelonius
duvel

halfwaytoheaven

As for myself, let's see ...

I like to start off with something crisp and refreshing. Not too powerful, so maybe a nice Victory Prima Pils (Victory is always a good choice, by the way). Then before I get too far in, a nice comfort beer, like Fat Tire - it's not among the world's great beers, but I have a strong emotional attachment to that brew. Now it's time to get serious. A porter - either Fuller's London or Sam Smith's Taddy - to cleanse the palate. Now we get into the meat of the lineup. A Westmalle Dubbel followed up by a Stone IPA. Then for dessert, a Belhaven Scottish Stout.

Or I could do something completely different. I realize now that I left off ESB's altogether, and I didn't include Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald (another can't-miss brewery) with the porters. Also, nothing from Three Floyd's, Founder's, or the entire Pacific northwest.

Granted, a lot of those aren't available at Central Market, but they should be, darn it!

TCUGuy

Saint Arnold's amber
Sierra Nevada pale ale
Shiner Bock - in a can
Saint Arnold's wheat
Anchor steam
Good old fashioned Coors light

Frog_Fan71

Yes to all of the above...

And for the quick jab...

043c321167dc3c85e9e10d6cd9ee0da6.jpg

CDAlexander

Shiner Bock
Staropramen Amber
Newcastle Ale
Rahr Winter Warmer Ale
Rolling Rock Pale Ale
Anchor Steam

Guilty Pleasure: PBR in a can.

jake102

The problem with all those beers is that you have no idea how cold they are. If only there was a label on them that told you if they were cold or not....

RebelFrog

New Belgium Fat Tire
Sweetwater 420
Dogfish Head 90 Minute
Red Hook IPA
Brooklyn Brewery Oktoberfest
Boulder Beer Company Hazed and Infused