• The KillerFrogs

Down goes texas Stadium

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Apr 11 2010, 11:49 AM) [snapback]543151[/snapback]
In case you missed it:

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/texas-stadium/R...l-90562959.html

No real memories there for me and the place was becoming an eyesore even the last few years the Cowboys were there. Saw more HS games there than Cowboys.

Or in case you taped it.
Stupid F's at Ch. 4 had implosion listed from 6:30-7 am so I taped it. The implosion didn't happen until after 7 am, meaning anyone who taped it got screwed. Way to go TV idiots. If it is a game I know to tape the next show(s) just to be sure. But, knowing that DPS and other law enforcement agencies needed an exact time to close down nearby highways, I figured the TV F's knew that implosion would happen before 7 am and thus that is why they allowed until 7 a.m. I am sure hundreds of thousands experienced the same thing. Way to go, Ch. 4 idiots. :angry:

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 11 2010, 12:13 PM) [snapback]543165[/snapback]
Or in case you taped it.
Stupid F's at Ch. 4 had implosion listed from 6:30-7 am so I taped it. The implosion didn't happen until after 7 am, meaning anyone who taped it got screwed. Way to go TV idiots. If it is a game I know to tape the next show(s) just to be sure. But, knowing that DPS and other law enforcement agencies needed an exact time to close down nearby highways, I figured the TV F's knew that implosion would happen before 7 am and thus that is why they allowed until 7 a.m. I am sure hundreds of thousands experienced the same thing. Way to go, Ch. 4 idiots. :angry:

If you mean FOX by Ch. 4 they were covering it from 6-8 am and my program guide showed it that way. They were saying the actual implosion would take place at 7:02 the whole time. It actually happened at about 7:03. Not sure who Ch. 4 is on your system though of course.

The fireworks and explosion made my dogs BSC for a couple minutes. I actually missed the implosion live because I was opening the window a little more so I could hear the explosives. By the time I looked back at the TV the thing was down.

I'm with Feisty. It's been an eyesore for almost two decades now. It's also been a tax hole for the City for years. It'll be nice for them to generate some tax revenue on the site, for a change. Too bad they waited until the Cowboys were gone to fix the Loop 12/114/183 cluster. We found a house over off Forest Park so we'll be moving to the Fort in a couple months. I'm actually gonna miss Irving.

mrnicefrog

QUOTE(Pure Purple @ Apr 11 2010, 04:51 PM) [snapback]543294[/snapback]
Wonder if they will film the forthcoming implosion of Amon G. Carter? :unsure:

I was wondering that too. Hope I can tailgate it! :biggrin: