• The KillerFrogs

Don't look now:

FrogCop19

Gary, I understand what you are saying, and my trust in Boschini and Donati is what is keeping me from going scorched earth. However, I have no reason to trust Sonny Dykes' morals, and I have every right to be unhappy about TCU being associated with Kendal Briles. Sonny Dykes has used up all of his goodwill with me by making this hire. He is starting from scratch. I live far away, so I don't have to think about actions such as not renewing season tickets.

I still want to see K Briles PUBLICLY (caps intentional) discuss what happened at Baylor, and take responsibility for his part in it. That would be a big step for me. As far as I'm concerned, what was discussed with him internally is all hearsay and means nothing to me. In the meantime,

1) I will not donate to TCU athletics for the time being.
2) I will continue to support all other TCU sports with no other changes.
3) I will support football, but I am worried that we may be making a "deal with the devil" for football wins.
4) I haven't decided about my normal TCU donations (which are larger than the athletics ones); I usually make those later in the year so there is plenty of time for me to think this through.

I certainly hope that all is fine and my concerns turn out to be unwarranted.
This is BY NO MEANS a shot or sarcasm, this is a genuine question.

If KB comes out and says, "I knew there were things going on at Baylor as a whole, and while some of our football players were involved, it was actually a school-wide issue being swept under the carpet by the admin. We really had no idea how bad things were, and part of that was my dad's attempt to shield us as a team for plausible deniability. He also tried to protect me, as any good father would protect his son, as it truly was the university's fault, by taking the fall for us."

Would you accept that?

**DISCLAIMER**

I am full-on playing devil's advocate on this, as I don't believe that to be the case AT ALL. Nor do I think that he was cackling with glee and rubbing his hands together evilly while picking the locks on innocent coed's doors and ushering football players in while they were sleeping. It's been said on here, however, than even if he comes out and talks about it and comes clean with his version of it, will it ever be enough? If he admits he did everything people accuse him of but he knows how wrong it was now would that be enough? And what if it really WAS the Waco Warden taking the fall for the university, which is why he took the money and ran? What then?

It's frustrating because I don't like KB, and I think the Waco Warden is everything that is wrong with football, but I trust Sonny and I will ALWAYS be a Frog.

froginaustin

Do you not see the irony in what you are posting? You believe the fiance after physical evidence shows ACTUAL battery by Beard, clearly trying to make sure he doesn't get fired and lose millions of bucks to pay for their lifestyle, but when it comes to KB, who was not found guilty of anything except saying something stupid to a recruit, you CHOOSE to believe the absolute worst, without any actual proof of wrongdoing. This makes zero sense unless you are trolling everyone on this board.

And we have a winner.

Outback Frog

You’re Outback Frog and live in the Outback, yet you make to almost every home game? How’s that possible? Gimme a me break.
Well, now that you ask, here's my logical answer. I am a native West Texan (born in Big Spring) and got a job in Odessa following graduation from TCU. It is no big deal for West Texans to drive long distances. It is in our DNA. All you have to do is look at a map of the state and understand why. I did drive to all of those TCU home games from 1998 on missing only one game (went to one of my high school reunions), until I moved to Ft. Worth in 2016. Now my drive to Amon Carter is roughly 10 minutes or so from my house. Any other questions you might have?

Outback Frog

Well, now that you ask, here's my logical answer. I am a native West Texan (born in Big Spring) and got a job in Odessa following graduation from TCU. It is no big deal for West Texans to drive long distances. It is in our DNA. All you have to do is look at a map of the state and understand why. I did drive to all of those TCU home games from 1998 on missing only one game (went to one of my high school reunions), until I moved to Ft. Worth in 2016. Now my drive to Amon Carter is roughly 10 minutes or so from my house. Any other questions you might have?
And, oh by the way, I drove from Ft. Worth to Phoenix for the Fiesta Bowl and less than a week later drove to LA for the NC. Over 4,500 miles roundtrip in 11 days. Like I said, no big deal driving long distances.

gofor2

when it comes to KB, who was not found guilty of anything except saying something stupid to a recruit,

I'm not a fan of the hire, but I can also (try?) to be fair and logical about things. The reality is - he wasn't found guilty of anything.
All that was put out there were rumors and accusations, most of which came from Baylor itself.

It's crazy how one coaching change swings things 180 degrees in the other direction. No way CGP brings in even one briles guy, let alone 3-4 of them.

LisaLT

I'm not a fan of the hire, but I can also (try?) to be fair and logical about things. The reality is - he wasn't found guilty of anything.
All that was put out there were rumors and accusations, most of which came from Baylor itself.

It's crazy how one coaching change swings things 180 degrees in the other direction. No way CGP brings in even one briles guy, let alone 3-4 of them.
That’s an interesting question though. Would GP, if he were still coaching, ever consider some of the coaches that Dykes brought in IF it could help turn around a program that was flailing. You might be right and the answer might be no but would GP trade the success Dykes had in one year for the right coaches. I never thought he would end up on staff at UT either, so I guess never say never.

Eight

That’s an interesting question though. Would GP, if he were still coaching, ever consider some of the coaches that Dykes brought in IF it could help turn around a program that was flailing. You might be right and the answer might be no but would GP trade the success Dykes had in one year for the right coaches. I never thought he would end up on staff at UT either, so I guess never say never.

interesting part about patterson is that he did hire out the "family" and it worked out at the time in the hiring of cumbie, meacham, and luper.

the hiring of luper gets overlooked, but he helped push some changes in how tcu approached recruiting in terms of staff etc...

not all the outside hires worked as thomson seemed to fizzle out as o-line coach, shannon didn't work out, jennings didn't seem to work out, cross and gary had some bumps, and then something seemed to change

hires seemed to change with people with direct ties to the program or coaches and the new candidates didn't even have to have functional experience

would love to know what drove that change