• The KillerFrogs

Don't look now:

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
The original movie showed at The Palace in Grapevine last Friday. GF and I tried to make it but got a late start.
You can catch it streaming but that would have been a good experience bc I assume they enhanced it for today’s theaters.

Btw, I wish I had bought stock in the term gaslighting three years ago.

Rifframbahzoo20

I’ll be the first to say it and I’m sure I will get a lot of backlash for it and maybe I deserve it but if this is how it’s going to be the national championship wasn’t worth it and we should’ve just kept Patterson

Frogs1983

I’ll be the first to say it and I’m sure I will get a lot of backlash for it and maybe I deserve it but if this is how it’s going to be the national championship wasn’t worth it and we should’ve just kept Patterson
So ridiculous. I respect your right to disagree with the hire, but to say TCU should have Kept a Coach after his team absolutely quit on him at K. State?

East Coast

Tier 1
Folks, I understand the concerns some have regarding Coach Briles' background, past attributed comments, and in general his connection to what happened at Baylor approximately a decade ago.

All I can tell you is that University leadership has done all the due diligence one could ever expect them to do, they've solicited feedback from the community (and received PLENTY), and talked about this at the highest levels. Coach Briles will end up as one of the top 5 highest paid university employees, and one of its most public-facing, so the work that went into the decision has been significant.

I can't understate this: Everyone in significant leadership positions supports this decision. The refrain has been consistent from the Chancellor and Board all the way down. That isn't to say there aren't some who have concerns, who voiced those concerns, and who may decide to make those opinions public; However, leadership is aligned, 100%.

If you trust Boschini with his leadership and vision, Donati's instincts, and Dykes morals and personnel approach, then you should be supporting this hire as all three of these gentlemen are. It's OK to trust and verify, but trust in our leadership is the fair and right starting point here.
Gary, I understand what you are saying, and my trust in Boschini and Donati is what is keeping me from going scorched earth. However, I have no reason to trust Sonny Dykes' morals, and I have every right to be unhappy about TCU being associated with Kendal Briles. Sonny Dykes has used up all of his goodwill with me by making this hire. He is starting from scratch. I live far away, so I don't have to think about actions such as not renewing season tickets.

I still want to see K Briles PUBLICLY (caps intentional) discuss what happened at Baylor, and take responsibility for his part in it. That would be a big step for me. As far as I'm concerned, what was discussed with him internally is all hearsay and means nothing to me. In the meantime,

1) I will not donate to TCU athletics for the time being.
2) I will continue to support all other TCU sports with no other changes.
3) I will support football, but I am worried that we may be making a "deal with the devil" for football wins.
4) I haven't decided about my normal TCU donations (which are larger than the athletics ones); I usually make those later in the year so there is plenty of time for me to think this through.

I certainly hope that all is fine and my concerns turn out to be unwarranted.