• The KillerFrogs

Don't look now:

Palliative Care

I think that the concern is both past actions or inactions and possible future actions or inactions. Certainly the future would be heavily monitored so I am not as concerned about this. Past acts or omissions can be investigated and reinvestigated if warranted. To appease myself what I do not want to hear is anything that sounds like a cover up or a whitewash. If good people do due diligence and give the man tentative approval then I would accept this but the issue is still subject to reopening.

ticketfrog123

There's no good way for this to end. If he doesn't kill it out the gate, fans will turn on him like nothing we've ever seen. If he does well, he'll get the spotlight and the national media will focus on the controversy.

This is a move that ADJD will have to wear for the rest of his career. I hope he likes the way it looks on him.
Donati sucks. Piece of crap

Hope the students protest outside his office and egg his car daily

Mean Purple

What is a drop off? I am just asking. What they did this year was amazing. Teams do not make the conference title game every year. I think they are capable of 9-10 wins for a long time. That puts them in the race every year but they may not make it every year.
Less than 9 reg season would be dropping off too far.

LisaLT

Wish he (Briles) would have once accepted or admitted his role (whatever it was) in that ordeal and made a sincere apology. I think that would have made a big difference...for me anyway.
It very well may come up during his time with TCU, and will have to be addressed. Especially since TCU and Baylor were such rivals back during this time. I like to have faith in our powers that be at TCU that they feel this is the best decision for the program. I can't say I am "excited" by this hire, but since I don't get to make those decisions, I will defer and trust in those who do. All I hope is that he turns out to be a good solid hire and person, similar to how Kaz has managed to have a positive impact on the program.

Frogfam4

Less than 9 reg season would be dropping off too far.
3 non conference, and it depends on the conference schedule. I feel like UT(as much as I dont ant to say it) will better, OU will be better, K state will be good again. Tech also will be ok. It will be hard, but 9 wins should be there, 10 is very possible. I am curious to see if any transfers come in now that an OC is here.

Frogs1983

So now the rumor is Little Briles is going to get right about what Riley is getting going to Clemson? If true, that just about sums it all up what a crock type move this will be.
Riley leaving probably more about $. He probably figured a few seasons with Dabo/Clemson will raise his profile & escalate his HC possibilities. Plus, what more could he accomplish at TCU after this season?

rM3panno

Riley leaving probably more about $. He probably figured a few seasons with Dabo/Clemson will raise his profile & escalate his HC possibilities. Plus, what more could he accomplish at TCU after this season?
Exactly this, if I am Riley what more could I do at TCU. I know you could say win B12 or NCG but as an OC I think he thought moving and learning some new lessons would be in his best interest

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I agree that if TCU wants to hire Briles he should come out and address the controversy straight up, take questions from media. It will not be put to rest until that happens, IMO.