• The KillerFrogs

Don't just demote Cumbie, he has to go..!

JAB331

I've seen CGP do this dance before, he tries to run off his coaches so he doesn't have to fire them - or he stays loyal way past when anyone should. Cumbie's stock has gone nowhere but down. He started hot with Boykin, and everything has gotten worse since then. Yes, a few games ago I thought this was salvageable, but watching today's games, I can see that all these offensive units have grown over the season and ours hasn't.

There was a false positive after the Tech game, but almost the whole unit has digressed since then - the offense is so erratic that it's not salvageable. Our offensive players look confused and morally dejected, they mirror the state of their coach. The defense has swagger and is flying all over the place. The contrast is profound. Half measures will not fix this!

TCUWIN

If he demoted Cumbie, who would be the OC? I think every coach on the offensive staff has been an OC or co-OC here already. Surely he will hire from outside.

JAB331

If he demoted Cumbie, who would be the OC? I think every coach on the offensive staff has been an OC or co-OC here already. Surely he will hire from outside.
My fear is CGP will demote him to QB coach and hire another co-offensive coordinator who will have to deal with the current coaching staff - that has been his MO in the past.

We need a full OC who's empowered to pick their own staff and hire/fire whomever they want.

Moose Stuff

My fear is CGP will demote him to QB coach and hire another co-offensive coordinator who will have to deal with the current coaching staff - that has been his MO in the past.

We need a full OC who's empowered to pick their own staff and hire/fire whomever they want.

That means Luper is gone too. Are we all OK with that?

JAB331

So on the rumor that Chad Morris is in negotiations to be the next OC, which presumably would work well for him if his package is like Bielema where his $10M buyout is payed out monthly over the next 4 years but he can't take a head coaching job, that could be good for us too - but did his offenses score enough points?

In the +column, he's a former head coach and presumably that get cred w/ Patterson. He could make the decision on whether it would work to keep Cumbie as the QB coach (which I'm not in favor of) and/or Luper in his current role (which I'm probably in favor of given his recruiting and that we need to see what he can do with a new OL coach).

Moose Stuff

So on the rumor that Chad Morris is in negotiations to be the next OC, which presumably would work well for him if his package is like Bielema where his $10M buyout is payed out monthly over the next 4 years but he can't take a head coaching job, that could be good for us too - but did his offenses score enough points?

In the +column, he's a former head coach and presumably that get cred w/ Patterson. He could make the decision on whether it would work to keep Cumbie as the QB coach (which I'm not in favor of) and/or Luper in his current role (which I'm probably in favor of given his recruiting and that we need to see what he can do with a new OL coach).

I have yet to see that rumor. Where would I find that?

That means Luper is gone too. Are we all OK with that?
I don't think so. One of the best recruiters on staff and he's a RB coach not receivers or OL. I don't see how anything he does coaching RB's affects the ability of an OC to implement a scheme. If all the coaches on our offensive staff had to go try to find a P5 job tomorrow, he's the only one who I could say for certain gets that job.