• The KillerFrogs

Does TCU require vaccinations?

jake102

Our firm pays 100% of EE’s premiums for all types of insurance. A few years ago the firm decided to surcharge tobacco users. EEs were/are required to submit an attestation to HR. Out of 160 employees, would you believe not one is a tobacco user??

Yeah I believe it. Unfortunately you now have a bunch of new marijuana users

HFrog1999

Our firm pays 100% of EE’s premiums for all types of insurance. A few years ago the firm decided to surcharge tobacco users. EEs were/are required to submit an attestation to HR. Out of 160 employees, would you believe not one is a tobacco user??

I actually pay the tobacco surcharge. I only smoke cigars on the weekends and I knew my company wouldn’t test to verify non tobacco usage. However, I decided to be honest. Which is probably stupid

froginmn

I actually pay the tobacco surcharge. I only smoke cigars on the weekends and I knew my company wouldn’t test to verify non tobacco usage. However, I decided to be honest. Which is probably stupid
I worked for a long time for an employer that was very strict about not accepting any gifts from vendors. Was invited to a golf outing many years ago and when I arrived there, I told my vendor contact that I wanted to pay for the golf. He looked at me like I was stupid, and said, what am I supposed to do with this cash you're giving me (everything was prepaid so it was my only option to pay).

I said, give it to the cart girl for all I care.

Several years later a coworker was investigated and I was asked about that day. I told the auditor that I was there and that I paid cash to a specific person. To me, it was well worth the cost to not have to lie, or worse get caught in violation and be suspended, disgraced, whatever.

frogs9497

I worked for a long time for an employer that was very strict about not accepting any gifts from vendors. Was invited to a golf outing many years ago and when I arrived there, I told my vendor contact that I wanted to pay for the golf. He looked at me like I was stupid, and said, what am I supposed to do with this cash you're giving me (everything was prepaid so it was my only option to pay).

Several years later a coworker was investigated and I was asked about that day. I told the auditor that I was there and that I paid cash to a specific person. To me, it was well worth the cost to not have to lie, or worse get caught in violation and be suspended, disgraced, whatever.

For some reason this reminded me of my former boss who was audited by the IRS. He owned a farm outside of Stephenville that he inherited from his parents, which remained a full-functioning farm after he assumed ownership. He took tax deductions for business-related expenses for several years, which he was certainly entitled to do. During the audit, the IRS agent insisted that they meet on the property to verify said farm existed (which was a solid 90 miles from FW) . So they eventually met, and toured the property together for only 15 minutes. Of course everything was on the up-and-up and his audit came back clean.

HFrog1999

Yeah, my honesty has less to do with integrity and more to do with laziness. It’s exhausting trying to keep up with lies.
For some reason this reminded me of my former boss who was audited by the IRS. He owned a farm outside of Stephenville that he inherited from his parents, which remained a full-functioning farm after he assumed ownership. He took tax deductions for business-related expenses for several years, which he was certainly entitled to do. During the audit, the IRS agent insisted that they meet on the property to verify said farm existed (which was a solid 90 miles from FW) . So they eventually met, and toured the property together for only 15 minutes. Of course everything was on the up-and-up and his audit came back clean.

When I was a kid, my Dad lost his job and went bankrupt. We lost our house and my mom’s car. The IRS claimed my Dad owed taxes for some reason on the mortgage. They seized our bank account. The only thing we had to buy groceries with was a change jar. We ate mostly hot dogs for a couple of weeks. My dad did eventually get his money back but I’m no fan of the IRS.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yeah, my honesty has less to do with integrity and more to do with laziness. It’s exhausting trying to keep up with lies.

When I was a kid, my Dad lost his job and went bankrupt. We lost our house and my mom’s car. The IRS claimed my Dad owed taxes for some reason on the mortgage. They seized our bank account. The only thing we had to buy groceries with was a change jar. We ate mostly hot dogs for a couple of weeks. My dad did eventually get his money back but I’m no fan of the IRS.

You can put those last 6 words on my tombstone.

That is really, really [ Finebaum ]ty. Sorry you all went through that.

Bob Sugar

If one cannot find a job in this market then one isn’t looking very hard. I’m trying to find 5 attorneys and 6 paralegals. I have four different headhunters helping in addition to indeed and LinkedIn. Even baby lawyers are asking for 6 figures. It’s crazy and it’s widespread across many industries. Total load of bs that people cannot find a high paying job having a college degree or even a nominal skill set to do the job.
The baby lawyers asking for 6 figures is being driven by BigLaw.

https://www.nalp.org/0521research

"NALP's new 2021 Associate Salary Survey report shows that the overall median first-year associate base salary as of January 1, 2021 was $165,000, up $10,000 (6.5%) from 2019, the year of the last biennial survey administration. However, salary improvements were not universal across firm sizes. Firms of 251-500 lawyers and those with more than 700 lawyers saw modest salary gains compared to 2019, with median first-year associate base salaries in each firm size increasing by $10,000 to $170,000 and $190,000, respectively."

Bob Sugar

I mean, for the most part every argument everyone made last week about Texas just got flip flopped when it came to this, and you're right nobody will see the irony.
Last week:
Republicans: "Your right to bodily autonomy ends at your body. When it assaults someone else they deserve protection"
Democrats: "The government is deputizing private citizens to do their bidding, and violating my right to bodily sovereignty"

This week:
Republicans: "The government is deputizing private corporations to do their bidding, and violating my right to bodily sovereignty"
Democrats: "Your right to bodily autonomy ends at your body. You don't have the right to present a threat to others and they deserve protection"

iu
Close, but one is ACTUALLY killing a human, whereas the other is where someone may infect their best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend, who knows this guy, who met this kid, who saw Grandma die of COVID at 31-Flavors last night. I guess its pretty serious.

Looks like @Frog-in-law1995 beat me to this point.

vicarfrog

What if more students die from covid after the mandate than before? Never mind - you’ll have moved on to some other cause that shows how much you care about people.

That's one of many concerns I have with mandates. (Full disclosure: I am vaccinated and believe immunity is our way out...not masks)

Check out the new info coming out of the UK. They're not allowing 12-20 to receive 2 doses of the MRNA vaccine anymore, because the risk of myocarditis dramatically jumps after the 2nd dose. They're just to receive 1 shot. My numbers might be fuzzy, but it was something like 1 in 6,700 risk of myocarditis after 2nd dose for 12-20. Mandates don't factor in these nuances.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
That's one of many concerns I have with mandates. (Full disclosure: I am vaccinated and believe immunity is our way out...not masks)

Check out the new info coming out of the UK. They're not allowing 12-20 to receive 2 doses of the MRNA vaccine anymore, because the risk of myocarditis dramatically jumps after the 2nd dose. They're just to receive 1 shot. My numbers might be fuzzy, but it was something like 1 in 6,700 risk of myocarditis after 2nd dose for 12-20. Mandates don't factor in these nuances.
(Psst... You're not allowed to talk about that...)