• The KillerFrogs

Does TCU require vaccinations?

LVH

But but but but but someone's brother on here is an MD and he says I should get the shot. I keep being told to trust the experts... but now what?!?!?!

Don't forget the "I personally know a dozen Olympic level athletes with perfect vitals and single digit body fat who succumbed to COVID" anecdotes

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A man who mocked COVID-19 vaccinations died this week at a Los Angeles-area hospital after contracting the virus.

Stephen Harmon was 34.

Harmon died on Wednesday at Corona Regional Medical Center, about an hour's drive east of Los Angeles.

Eight

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A man who mocked COVID-19 vaccinations died this week at a Los Angeles-area hospital after contracting the virus.

Stephen Harmon was 34.

Harmon died on Wednesday at Corona Regional Medical Center, about an hour's drive east of Los Angeles.

this proves what exactly? a guy died and the universe has a sense of humor?

StephenHarmon-1024x528.jpg

hmmm, want to bet he had a few other health issues other than covid​

tcufootballjh98

I don't understand the urgency to vaccinate the youth, considering the pediatric COVID hospitalization rate is 8/100,000. Over the last 10 years, the pediatric influenza hospitalization rate is 3 to 7 times that.

Older and/or at-risk people, get your vaccine. Those who are healthy, get it if it makes you feel safer. No reason to push this on kids.

CryptoMiner

wife is a floor nurse, have some cardiac issues, and got the vaccine which means nothing in the lottery that is life

focus on what you can control each day, appreciate what you are given, and do not live in fear is all i can do

Living in fear and ignoring to obvious threat are two different things. You can help control things by not being a dumbarse (not saying you are, but many others are).

Wexahu

I don't understand the urgency to vaccinate the youth, considering the pediatric COVID hospitalization rate is 8/100,000. Over the last 10 years, the pediatric influenza hospitalization rate is 3 to 7 times that.

Older and/or at-risk people, get your vaccine. Those who are healthy, get it if it makes you feel safer. No reason to push this on kids.

The pediatric hospitalization rate is actually about 10% of that, or less than 1 per 100,000. The rate among those aged 12-29 has averaged about 4 per 100,000 over the past year, so roughly half of the extremely low number you referenced here. But those are mostly young adults, not kids. Kids as an overall group are right at 1 per 100,000. Link below, courtesy of our friend Sink.

Yes, it is completely ridiculous to push this on kids.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2021-06/05-COVID-Wallace-508.pdf

Eight

Living in fear and ignoring to obvious threat are two different things. You can help control things by not being a dumbarse (not saying you are, but many others are).

agree and i am at times no doubt. when i look at a picture like the gentleman who passed i think about the comments my wife will make when she comes home from work

a good portion of their patients are gastric sleeve patients and it is not uncommon to hear about people in their 30's who weigh 300, 400+. no uncommon to hear about people in their 50's who are on 5,6-8 meds for conditions that are manageable via exercise, diet etc..

one of the biggest missed opportunities with covid has been the failure of the cdc and the surgeon general (regardless of the president) to address the overall health of the average american, the need for people to be proactive, and that you can actually strengthen the immune system through exercise while dealing with things such as stress etc......

CryptoMiner

"Young males infected with the virus are up 6 times more likely to develop myocarditis as those who have received the vaccine"

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.23.21260998v1

Abstract
Background There have been recent reports of myocarditis (including myocarditis, pericarditis or myopericarditis) as a side-effect of mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines, particularly in young males. Less information is available regarding the risk of myocarditis from COVID-19 infection itself. Such data would be helpful in developing a complete risk-benefit analysis for this population. Methods A de-identified, limited data set was created from the TriNetX Research Network, aggregating electronic health records from 48 mostly large U.S. Healthcare Organizations (HCOs). Inclusion criteria were a first COVID-19 diagnosis during the April 1, 2020 - March 31, 2021 time period, with an outpatient visit 1 month to 2 years before, and another 6 months to 2 years before that. Analysis was stratified by sex and age (12-17, 12-15, 16-19). Patients were excluded for any prior cardiovascular condition. Primary outcome was an encounter diagnosis of myocarditis within 90 days following the index date. Rates of COVID-19 cases and myocarditis not identified in the system were estimated and the results adjusted accordingly. Wilson score intervals were used for 95% confidence intervals due to the very low probability outcome. Results For the 12-17-year-old male cohort, 6/6,846 (0.09%) patients developed myocarditis overall, with an adjusted rate per million of 876 cases (Wilson score interval 402 - 1,911). For the 12-15 and 16-19 male age groups, the adjusted rates per million were 601 (257 - 1,406) and 561 (240 - 1,313). For 12-17-year-old females, there were 3 (0.04%) cases of myocarditis of 7,361 patients. The adjusted rate was 213 (73 - 627) per million cases. For the 12-15- and 16-19-year-old female cohorts the adjusted rates per million cases were 235 (64 - 857) and 708 (359 - 1,397). The outcomes occurred either within 5 days (40.0%) or from 19-82 days (~60.0%). Conclusions Myocarditis (or pericarditis or myopericarditis) from primary COVID19 infection occurred at a rate as high as 450 per million in young males. Young males infected with the virus are up 6 times more likely to develop myocarditis as those who have received the vaccine.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

I'll check back when I get back from CVS to buy more masks, now that CDC has flip-flopped again...Lost track of how many times the "science" has changed on that topic.

tenor.gif

Highly ironic since I’m actually about to begin a CVS Zoom Call (albeit CVS-Caremark and not the brick and mortar pharmacy)