• The KillerFrogs

Does TCU require vaccinations?

jake102

I get your point, but I am concerned about "the long tail" risk with Covid, tbh. We already know about MIS-C, long covid, etc. I'd rather avoid those with the vaccine in my teenagers. I totally get and respect others making a different determination, and waiting for full FDA approval is a totally reasonable approach.

Fair enough. I strongly believe we shouldn't be recommending the vaccine in anyone below 17. If we want to give the option to 12-17, fair enough, but I hope it's not ever recommended like it is for adults. And anyone under 12 shouldn't have access ever

tcumaniac

Whoever told you that VAERS claims 11,000 people have died due to receiving the COVID vaccine.

No, it does not. First of all, OpenVAERS main page lists that number, but if you click on it you can see it lists ALL alleged vaccine deaths.
View attachment 9245

So unless you think some kid in 1989 died of both the MMR vaccine AND the COVID19 vaccine, dig a little deeper next time.

If you filter it down using their website, you see 6,741 deaths.
View attachment 9247
At absolute worst, VAERS claims about 6,700 deaths (as of last week) died at some point after receiving the vaccine. You shifted the claim to a causal relationship when VAERS makes no such claim. In fact, they specifically reject that claim on their actual website: "The number of reports alone cannot be interpreted or used to reach conclusions about the existence, severity, frequency, or rates of problems associated with vaccines."

So even if you accept VAERS data is valid, itself not something that is advisable, you have not established a causal relationship that you are claiming.

This is also wrong. There have been several studies confirming the causal relationship with the official figure, as does studies in US excess death figures.

It certainly is not. Here are US COVID deaths broken down by age as of a few weeks ago.
View attachment 9244
The only numbers here that are under your 11,000 death claim (again, a number almost twice the unverified claim) are the under 40's. So unless you are suggesting some combination of 320+ U-17's, 2,500+ 18-29 year olds, and/or 7,000+ 30-39 year olds have died from the COVID vaccine, the objective data shows that COVID presents a larger risk than the vaccine does.
I don't have time to delve into every point you made and still have a job at the end of today, but I'm not sure how to came up with your numbers with your supposed search.

When I do exactly what you showed, the numbers show up just as I claimed.
221692247_10219043020695814_7441206120575362411_n.jpg

If you go to https://vaers.hhs.gov/ and do your own search there. Group by SEX. Select all symptoms. Select covoid 19 vaccine. Select all locations, all ages, and all genders. Choose event category: Death. You get the exact same result:

219856721_10219043020895819_3658999079344233916_n.jpg

And yes. I recognize the caveats under "Notes" but again, this is really the only data we have to go on. Perfectly accurate or not, it's alarming for a vaccine a lot of the population really doesn't need. ESPECIALLY if you make an honest assessment of SAFE treatment alternatives, i.e. ivermectin.

YA

Oh for crying out loud, now you're the one blindly accepting what some con artist is peddling without critical thinking. You're being duped, dude.

VAERS most certainly does not show 11,000 "COVID vaccine related deaths", and you know that. First, you know darn well that database is user-submitted and not verified, but even if you were to accept that every report in the database is true, that is deliberately misreading data for a purpose that the people who aggregate the data specifically reject (of course, that's where one needs to leap to "of course they'd say that, they are covering up"). For someone that spent the last 15 months screaming "comorbidity" and "most were going to die anyway" to anyone that would listen when discussing the 620,000 COVID deaths, you really just accept this 11,000 death claim at face value and uncritically? You attempt to sleight of hand"death following vaccine" in to a causal relation of "vaccine related deaths"? Gee, it's almost as if there's a bias going on.

Again, even according to the FDA and other entities, there is a small risk associated with the vaccine. It is nowhere near the number you're spreading, by every single account. More importantly, the undeniable and objective fact is that across every single age group the risk is significantly less than the risk COVID presents.

Look, if you don't want to get vaccinated, that's fine. I totally agree that it is your choice to do as you please, just as you as a free market guy I'm sure totally agree that it is others' choice to not do business with unvaccinated individuals if they don't want to. If you want to say "look, I'm uncomfortable with it, I'll wait and see" then cool. The data isn't on your side, but I get the fear of the unknown. Fine. There's just no need to be dishonest about it.

Nobody is saying "shut up and get the shot", but your objections are not free from criticism either. If you come up with silly and factually incorrect claims to justify your decision, you are going to get pushback for people calling them out as exactly that.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hiphopfroggy

Why would we lockdown again if it's a bunch of unvaccinated people getting sick?

It may not be a full lockdown again but any restrictions, including travel or even having to wear a mask indoors again and with limited capacities will all be on the anti vax morons.

If you don't like Covid and want it to end get the vax. If you like living in Covid and want to support covid don't get the vax, it is that simple.

Fair enough. I strongly believe we shouldn't be recommending the vaccine in anyone below 17. If we want to give the option to 12-17, fair enough, but I hope it's not ever recommended like it is for adults. And anyone under 12 shouldn't have access ever
I think a reasonable take, especially since under 12 seem to act like vaccinated adults in terms of severe disease and infectiousness. I will be surprised if they ever go EUA for the vaccine under 12.

jake102

It may not be a full lockdown again but any restrictions, including travel or even having to wear a mask indoors again and with limited capacities will all be on the anti vax morons.

If you don't like Covid and want it to end get the vax. If you like living in Covid and want to support covid don't get the fax, it is that simple.

Once again, I ask, why would we lockdown again if the only risk to to unvaccinated people? That would be idiotic and it's not going to happen. As a vaccinated person myself, I'm not wearing a mask regardless of what anyone tells me. That's why I got the vaccine and don't care what anyone else does.

hiphopfroggy

Once again, I ask, why would we lockdown again if the only risk to to unvaccinated people? That would be idiotic and it's not going to happen. As a vaccinated person myself, I'm not wearing a mask regardless of what anyone tells me. That's why I got the vaccine and don't care what anyone else does.

Bro, any restrictions to life because of anti vax morons is unacceptable to me.

jake102

Fair enough. I think you have to equally scrutinize the people enforcing the restrictions to life if they are unnecessary. Like why are we testing vaccinated college athletes with no symptoms while stadiums have 100k in them?

I think this is the wrong way to approach the discussion. I think we have to respect and even admire vaccine hesitancy. I mean this is an EUA (emergency use authorization) vaccine, there is still more information coming out, and Covid is a complicated disease with different risks at different age groups. On an individual level being hesitant is a completely reasonable approach. The NYT had an article looking at why people who were hesitant changed their minds and got the vaccine. There were three reasons-
1. Seeing that millions of other Americans have been safely vaccinated.
2. Hearing pro-vaccine messages from doctors, friends and relatives.
3. Learning that not being vaccinated will prevent people from doing some things.

Notice, none changed their minds because they were belittled as "anti-vax morons".

Wexahu

I think this is the wrong way to approach the discussion. I think we have to respect and even admire vaccine hesitancy. I mean this is an EUA (emergency use authorization) vaccine, there is still more information coming out, and Covid is a complicated disease with different risks at different age groups. On an individual level being hesitant is a completely reasonable approach. The NYT had an article looking at why people who were hesitant changed their minds and got the vaccine. There were three reasons-
3. Learning that not being vaccinated will prevent people from doing some things.

Notice, none changed their minds because they were belittled as "anti-vax morons".

hiphop just hates Blacks and Hispanics.

hiphopfroggy

Yea but the discussion has run it's course and been repeated over and over again.

At this point, after a year and a half of this BS one must ask how much patience must reasonable people have? 2 years worth? 3 years worth? 5? 10? How much more of my life must be compromised because of anti vaxers?

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
So, does TCU require a Covid vaccine for students?

Vaccination Requirements
All incoming students must comply with the following vaccination requirements to enroll at TCU:
1. Meningitis ACWY (Menactra® or Menveo®) administered within the past 5 years. (Students over the age of 22 are exempt from this requirement.)
2. Two doses of the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccination or proof of immunity to Measles and Mumps. (Students born before 1957 are exempt from this requirement.)

Vaccination Exemptions
    • Students born before 1957 are exempt from the MMR (Measles, Mumps, & Rubella) requirement.
    • Students older than 22 are exempt from the Meningitis requirement.
    • Non-exempt students with immunity to Measles and Mumps with missing vaccination records may submit titer results proving their immunity.
    • Students with a medical contraindication are exempt from the contraindicated requirement with the TCU Vaccination Exemption Form and corresponding documents from your healthcare provider.
    • Students with a reason of conscience affidavit must submit a copy of their affidavit online and must deliver the original to the health center by mail or in person attached to the TCU Vaccination Exemption Form.

COVID Vaccines
We currently have the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines available for anyone 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday – Friday.
You do NOT need an appointment for the COVID vaccine.

Veterans and Active Duty Military Exemption
The United States Armed Forces have higher immunization standards than TCU. For their convenience, students who are veterans or active duty military may submit proof of their service in lieu of the MMR requirement. These can be uploaded to the patient portal the same way as an Immunization Record above. Note that students under 22 still need to provide exact records of Meningitis A vaccination in compliance with state law.

Brown-Lupton Health Center (tcu.edu)

So, to those of us that are unvaccinated -

Do you think that having the vaccine for COVID has been a benefit overall?

If you do not feel comfortable with the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) in this instance, what circumstances would encourage you to go along with an EUA?

mesohornedfrog

I was thinking the same thing, lol.
If Pfizer gets full FDA approval in the next couple of months, which is certainly possible (currently under review now with a January deadline I believe), I could see a scenario where more companies and institutions start requiring it. EUA vaccines is a tough sell, but fully approved? That could get interesting.