• The KillerFrogs

Does Steve Sarkisian as Texas coach make you fear them more?

Does Steve Sarkisian make you fear the UT football program now?

• Yes

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • No

Votes: 79 88.8%

• Total voters

Wexahu

Funny how so many people are quick to say that our 2014 and 15 offenses were only because of Doctson and Boykin with no credit at all to coaching but Sark working with MUCH more at Alabama really did a great job.

Don't really care about Sark, but what is the point of debating whether 2014 and 2015 were because of great coaching or great players at this point? Our offense has pretty much stunk for 5 years now and the one constant was Cumbie (and for most of that time Meacham).......even if '14-'15 were due to elite level coaching a change is/was probably in order because the coaches apparently can't make adjustments.

Mike Leach was a great offensive coach at one time. Now he runs a stale, dated, predictable offense that scares exactly nobody.

CountryFrog

Don't really care about Sark, but what is the point of debating whether 2014 and 2015 were because of great coaching or great players at this point? Our offense has pretty much stunk for 5 years now and the one constant was Cumbie (and for most of that time Meacham).......even if '14-'15 were due to elite level coaching a change is/was probably in order because the coaches apparently can't make adjustments.

Mike Leach was a great offensive coach at one time. Now he runs a stale, dated, predictable offense that scares exactly nobody.
I'm not debating any of that. You seem to have read way too much into my comment.

Mean Purple

Does he get better talent now than he did at USC and Bama?
I actually think he gets better talent than he did at USC. Even with the off seasons, Texas has found itself better suited for attention than USC. If USC turns it around, who knows. They are both traditional big brand names. If USC can get recruit on campus, there is a enough scene wise to help land a recruit.

Mean Purple

Too bad he was a better coach at USC when he was drinking than we it was under control at Washington

UTs only hope is he really learned how to be the head of the program watching Saban...
Reportedly, the scouting budget/resources at Bama are just unreal. Guessing Ohio State is a similar situation.
My guess is he learned a lot under Saban. If Saban wins the Natty, I have no problem calling him the greatest of all time. I don't really have a problem saying that already. When the Bear was winning, he did not have as much competition and limits as what Saban faces.

In other news, I hate that I have to give Bama probs. War Damn Eagle!

Mean Purple

I have zero insider knowledge about the internal workings of either program (TCU or UT), but I've long felt that the big cigars in Austin will accept a 50/50 split with OU.

However, no Texas coach will survive if he can't beat TCU consistently.

Obviously, Strong and Herman have struggled to do that.

Go Frogs!
Wasn't it Herman who said to a reporter that he was told "don't get TCUed"?
Yes, losing to TCU this much is a factor.
For the record, I still think ut screwed up pushing out Mack.

Casey T

They only had the number 8 class in 2020 and currently have the number 17 class in 2021. Again, that is nowhere near Ohio State, Alabama, or UGA. Those programs never take a year off recruiting.

haha you’re off man, they have had elite recruiting under Herman. UT’s #8 class in 2020 had the same average player rating as #5 Ohio state.

In 2019, Ohio state had #14 class and Clemson had #10 while ut had #3.

2018, #3 ut was higher than #5 bama and #7 Clemson. Herman was hired just before the 2017 season and only had 2 months to recruit the ‘17 class.

The 2021 class is not finished yet so it’s too early to use that.

Eight

there are rumors that barry odom is being considered for the dc position at texas and if that happens don't be shocked if sam carter were to follow him to austin