• The KillerFrogs

Does Steve Sarkisian as Texas coach make you fear them more?

Does Steve Sarkisian make you fear the UT football program now?

• Yes

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • No

Votes: 79 88.8%

• Total voters

LVH

I know some UW fans and they all had the nickname "Seven Win Sark" for him because he could never win more than 7 games when he was coach at Washington. He has no proven track record in his 6 seasons as a head coach of elevating a program beyond mediocrity so for that reason I do not fear this hire for UT.

Paul in uhh

He had virtually the same resources at USC and the best he did there was 9-4.

UT will at least be above average and may make the b12 title game but this hire doesn’t instantly turn them into OU or better. Urban Meyer would’ve done that.

He will get 8-9 wins a season for 4-5 years and get fired like Herman.

Zubaz

He's good, and he is really, really good at developing college qbs and accentuating their strengths, which has been lacking in Austin since....I dunno, Colt maybe?

He's a good coach that can definitely bring them to the top of the Big 12.

Then again, I felt similar about Herman.

Last edited:

Salfrog

Tier 1
I would not say fear exactly, but I do believe he is a better coach than Herman. I also believe after what he has been through personally, yes self inflicted, that he has grown & learned from it. Plus being given full reigns of the offense at Alabama under Saban, I'm sure he learned alot from Nick on how to be a better head coach, so I wouldn't laugh at this hire just yet. Especially if he is able to bring in a very good staff. Time will tell, but we know how that clock is in Austin.

MAcFroggy

He is a great recruiter. The Washington team that made the CFP was full of his recruits. The recently good usc teams with darnold were full of his recruits.

MAcFroggy

recruiting isn’t the problem in Austin.

to an extent it is. They are the university of Texas. They are not recruiting near the same as Ohio state, Alabama, Clemson or UGA. They are a tier below with Oklahoma, Oregon, and a few others. They really should be in the very top tier with those other 3 schools.

CountryFrog

IMO Sark is basically the Norv Turner of college. The guy kills it as OC everywhere he goes and that makes people think he can take the next step. He must also be great at interviewing because no matter how much he scheisss up he still keeps getting opportunities.

The only way this works for UT is if he builds a pretty near flawless staff where basically all he has to do is be a high paid OC with as few actual HC responsibilities as possible. And of course the trouble with that is that it's incredibly difficult to pull off and even if you do its impossible to keep them all more than a year or two.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
He may be a great shopper, but can he cook? Nobody knows.

Fear them? Hardly. They're the same bunch that never can seem to get it together enough to become greater than the sum of their parts. Sark, like Mensa before him, has about half the Bigfoot Alumni hating his guts and plotting to get rid of him before he even arrives at Bergstrom because he wasn't "their" pick for H.C.

The things he has to do are much like Chollie's To-Do list: 1.) Clean out the deadwood. 2.) Re-Establish discipline. 3.) Settle the Assistants. 4.) Figure out a Starter. 5.) Rent a nice house for 36 months.

One Frog Nation

Sark will either do well or flame out ingloriously within a couple of seasons. Good offensive coach not sure if he is more than an average college head coach. Most people would do well as the OC at Alabama.