• The KillerFrogs

Does anyone here participate on /r/CFB on Reddit?

Travis Trucks

They sure as hell don't like anyone being in favor of playing games in 2020.

You would think that a community dedicated to college football would, you know, want to play college football this season.

If you don't engage in the sky is falling, we are all going to die narrative, this is what happens:

EX6YRehVcAAKw-R

LVH

They perm banned me for the same thing last week. Welcome to the party pal.

No idea why anyone would participate in that subreddit. It has a reputation for being one of the worst moderated subreddits on all of reddit, and that is saying a lot.

If Stalinist Russia ran a college football community, it would look like /r/cfb. /r/cfb doesn't just censor and ban you for wrongthink when it comes to COVID, they even have a very heavy hand when it comes to censoring actual football discussion as well.

They banned me for a week when I posted "You went full retard man, never go full retard" in response to Cumbie's 4th down jump pass with Sewo vs. SMU for "ableist rhetoric".

Zubaz

I don’t know why anyone would spend time on reddit.
Subs on specific topics can be good. They tend to be on the bleeding edge of news, and a large userbase is fun to talk with fellow fans (in this case, fans of college football) without the homerism.

God help anyone that ventures in to a politics sub though. Shudder.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Subs on specific topics can be good. They tend to be on the bleeding edge of news, and a large userbase is fun to talk with fellow fans (in this case, fans of college football) without the homerism.

God help anyone that ventures in to a politics sub though. Shudder.
Sounds like the college football sub is pretty much political at this point.

Zubaz

Sounds like the college football sub is pretty much political at this point.
Not that I've seen. I guess you could argue that the issue of likeness rights / paying players is "political"? That comes up every now and again. For the most part it's just recruiting stuff and "Will we have football this fall?" right now. Kinda like here.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Not that I've seen. I guess you could argue that the issue of likeness rights / paying players is "political"? That comes up every now and again. For the most part it's just recruiting stuff and "Will we have football this fall?" right now. Kinda like here.
Didn’t the two people at the top of this thread get banned for having a different opinion about the upcoming football season? Maybe not political but definitely not a free form discussion about college football, if so.

Now, for all I know they could have just been asshoes about it and it was presentation not content. I’m just going by what they said.

Zubaz

I'm not going to call anyone a-hoes, but as I said before I find it very very hard to believe that they were banned for "having a different opinion".

jake102

Reddit is hard for me. Only on rare occasions do I get a google search result or something on Reddit and go there. Half the time I see an interesting thread title, click in it and it's a nightmare. My "views" are all over the place, but it's extremely far left liberal. Some of the things I've seen people post are mind blowing.... last time there was some post about someone complaining that they don't get mental health days on top of vacation and normal sick days.... and most everyone agreed.

Travis Trucks

In my experience, when someone says "I was banned for *insert innocuous thing here*", there's just about always more to it than that.

Here are the exact posts I made so you can judge for yourself. I'd link to my posts directly, but you wouldn't see anything because moderators deleted them.

Post #1

According to the CDC's own stats you have less than a one in a million chance of dying from this virus if you are under 24. College athletes will be fine.

Post #2 (in reply to someone saying not everyone on a college football team is young, coaches staff, etc. are older)

But these same adults are probably doing things like going to grocery stores. Unless these adults lock themselves inside 24/7, they are putting themselves at risk in some form or fashion whether that be coaching a football team or grocery shopping.

Then I got banned. Here is a link to the thread I was banned in:

As you can see plenty of "Comment removed by moderator". It's a graveyard.

Reddit is hard for me. Only on rare occasions do I get a google search result or something on Reddit and go there. Half the time I see an interesting thread title, click in it and it's a nightmare. My "views" are all over the place, but it's extremely far left liberal. Some of the things I've seen people post are mind blowing.... last time there was some post about someone complaining that they don't get mental health days on top of vacation and normal sick days.... and most everyone agreed.
You disagree that people should get mental health days?

You RACIST!!!

Eight

Here are the exact posts I made so you can judge for yourself. I'd link to my posts directly, but you wouldn't see anything because moderators deleted them.

Post #1

Post #2 (in reply to someone saying not everyone on a college football team is young, coaches staff, etc. are older)

Then I got banned. Here is a link to the thread I was banned in:

As you can see plenty of "Comment removed by moderator". It's a graveyard.

you should have replied with this picture in post #2

Grim-Reaper-Beach.jpg